2 29%
Presonus FP10
2 29%
MOTU 8pre
1 14%
Other (put in post)
2 29%
Voters: 7.
Ok so im buying a Macbook next week for recording and Logic Express 8. I'm not sure about what interface I should get? I'm torn between the Apogee Duet, Presonus Firepod and MOTU 8pre. I want as high of a quality sound as I can get so which one do you think would be the better choice? I'm willing to sacrifice inputs for sound quality.

Thanks.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Have a look at the Saffire Pro 40 from Focusrite - they have really really nice preamps. I'd probably go with the 8pre after that though.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I really like Presonus, though MOTU is good too, the Apogee Duet sounds amazing, but using it is a major pain in the ass because all of the inputs are breakout cables that break far too easily.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have the Duet, haven't yet used it as much as I would like. Haven't tried the others, so can't compare.

the Apogee Duet sounds amazing, but using it is a major pain in the ass because all of the inputs are breakout cables that break far too easily.

My main concern with breakout cables is they're often proprietary and undocumented, and if the company goes out of business and your cable breaks, then your device is useless.

You might be pleased to know Apogee publishes a pinout of their breakout cable on their website, and all the connectors it uses are standard types, so with the Duet at least you always have the option of repairing or replacing the breakout cable yourself. If you do get the Duet, print a copy of the pinout and save it with your receipt.