I have a Starcaster(strat knock-off), and i was wondering how i find what wood the body is, i looked up fenders site but couldnt find anything, and if i wanted to replace some things should i get a whole new body?
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Its almost guaranteed to be plywood. Anything that cheap thats bought at Target, Wal-Mart, or any place like that is almost guaranteed to be plywood, or really bad agathis.
What he said. And if you want to replace anything, just replace the whole guitar. Be it new pups, body, neck or anything else, something is going to bottleneck the tone. Not a bad start, but you'll want to upgrade soon enough.
Quote by anubiz03
What he said. And if you want to replace anything, just replace the whole guitar. Be it new pups, body, neck or anything else, something is going to bottleneck the tone. Not a bad start, but you'll want to upgrade soon enough.

Not true.
I have a Starcaster that I modded, it sounds and feels almost as good as my MIM strat.
To TS, Its either Plywood or Basswood.

Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Take of the trem spring cover and see if you can tell by looking in there. If that doesn't work, take off the pickguard. If that doesn't work, cry.
If neither of the above suggestions work, try looking in the neck pocket.
if its ply wood what would it look like

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Kinda like pieces of wood chips glued together.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Kinda like pieces of wood chips glued together.

k thanks

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
That or stacked layers of wood. Be careful though because some bodies get routed in stages so it can look a bit like plywood.
im probably just going to build a new body, any suggestions on what kind of wood to use.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Well part of it depends on how dark/bright you want it to be, but just about any hardwood will work. Maple, Ash, Alder, Walnut, Mohogany, the list goes on and on, the main factors are gonna be what tone your looking for (somewhat subjective) and your budget.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by jonz14
The body is made of basswood, I've sanded down two myself.

Starcasters are made out of whatever is wood is cheap and available at the time. It can vary depending on the date and factory.

TS, if you see this in the side of the body cavities or neck pocket, then it is plywood:
Last edited by cedricsmods at Aug 15, 2009,
thanks guys

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss