This was recorded in March, I think. When I recorded this, I didn't have my new Ibanez Prestige with a tremolo, so I've sort of hidden all of the whammy stuff by using harmonics, and vibrato over the nut, and stuff like that...

Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChjCVxYC2M

C4C!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Aug 18, 2009,
that was pretty spot on. I like how you did the tap harmonics and those fast chord changes. If you want, can you check out my covers of steve vai tender surrender and for the love of god? They're on my profile under mp3s
That's the most accurate cover i've seen on Youtube thus far. I can tell you must of practiced hard to get the notes right cause you nailed it without the need for a trem.

Your an excellent player, just keep rocking!
@royalewcheese35:
I left a comment on For The Love Of God.

@Alkaline 64:
Thanks! It took me a while, yeah. I had to watch a bunch of videos to actually see how Vai's phrasing is, although I didn't do everything by the book.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

This sounds really good, its very accurately played. The only thing I think needs a bit of work is maybe your tone, could do with a bit less gain imho, but thats all down to personal taste.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183654
Gear:
Fender Diamond Anniversary Stratocaster
Washburn Dime V Pro
Peavy Bandit 112
Fender Frontman 15R

A few of my originals can be found at

www.bebo.com/artificial-reality
Hey! Good cover, man! I think you can safely say you played this better than I did although I agree with previous posters, that your tone could do with a little less gain, but I have absolutely nothing to say about the playing: it was very accurate and apart from a couple of minor mistakes, flawless! Cheers mate, good work!
Haven't heard the original so I can't really compare...but I can tell you did practice alot, seems like a tough song to learn. I like your playing as well, it's not "robotic" or anythign like a lot of players out there. Very smooth and clean. Great job!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Very well done, I can't really even think of any improvements to be made.
Excellent, I heard almost nothing wrong with it, but the part at 2:00 should be done a tiny bit faster I think.

Otherwise, spot on, keep playing and get even better.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Thanks all!

@Guitar2theface: Where exactly? Just when the solo kicks in, or maybe at 2:04? It isn't out of tempo or anything. Some parts of the solo had a little bad timing, though!

Self-critique: The bend at 2:22 is horrific, please God don't do that again, lol!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Aug 28, 2009,