I can get a 30 watt for less than $150 also it has great reviews! Is this the amp to get? if not what are some bigger amps for under $200?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
please define what specific line 6 product you are refering to in order to avoid unnecessary rudeness.

so lets sum it up:
1. searchbar is your friend ( there are gazillion threads on this)
2. is it called SPIDER? in such case no... dont buy it
3. is it called Flextone or Vetta?... if yes... do buy
Last edited by just17n8 at Aug 14, 2009,
i feel like this is a troll... stay away from line 6 spider (or any modeling type by line 6) amps.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Depends which model...Im assuming that with the price you're talking about the Spider series which I happen to not prefer. I can say that they are pretty digital sounding and really hard to get good tones out of unless you spend hours reading the manuals and such before you really start playing. I can say this because I actually bought one at one point in time. It did seem like a good deal, but it just wasnt my cup of tea. I would suggest you go play one and see what you think about them. And really try it out, because in the store it seems to be a pretty decent amp but when you get home its never as good as you thought.

That being said, Line 6 does make some good amps. The Vetta series, Flextone series, and even the Spider Valve series are all very good. You can find Flextone II's used for right around $200. I would recommend looking for one of those if you can swing the extra $50.
Quote by TK1
(or any modeling type by line 6) amps.

Hd147/Vetta/Flextone/Spidervalve are all great amps?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
The Line6 Spider Jam has a lot of features you might find useful. NOTE that this is NOT really intended as a performance amp. It's intended for practice, jamming, recording, overdubbing, looping, etc. As such, it's a good deal. You can even independently change either key or tempo while you record tracks.

As a straight amplifier, the sound is very digital. Immensely versatile, plenty of built-in effects, lots of models, but all of them sound digital. You can (if you wish) run a cable from headphone-out on the Line 6 to power-amp in on a tube amp, and the sound is certainly warmer that way.
Some are good, some are bad. It really all comes down to how you feel when you play it. Go with the one that sounds best to you, not the one that has the best reviews and what not.
sorry i was looking at the Line 6 Spider III 30 30W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-30-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482275

I really don't have a lot of money. I'll be playing my schecter mostly, its just my SP-10 sucks and doesn't work half the time (i have to wiggle the cord to get a good connection). I'm satisfied with the sound on that so I'm sure it'd be much better on that amp (plus I want bigger). BUT if there is something better for the same price even a bit smaller one I'm fine. The vypr 15 watt is only 169?
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Aug 14, 2009,
You should look for the vypyr, roland cube or used flextone.
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Quote by colt34
The vypr 15 watt is only 169?

Are you speaking in US Dollars? My 15 watt Vypyr was only $99.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
if you want a spider get one... you don't gotta listen to people on here... i have one and it's not the best of amps but not the worse.. good for a beginner

Honestly the Spider is the mediocre amp of beginner/budget amps. The MG is the absolute worst, then the Spider, then the better amps would be the Vypyr, Cube, or Valvetronix.
^I agree, the mg is the worst, then the spider.

If your more into metal, get the vypyr or a cube, if your more into hard rock and such, get the valvetronix.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I have a Vypyr, you should get it. Along with the mediocre sounds I've gotten from Spider amps, I also don't like how the low-wattage versions assign reverb to the same effects wheel as delay, meaning you can only use 2 effects at once. With the Peavey Vypyr 30W (or even the 15W), everything is far superior (except maybe the speaker), and you can use 4 effects (3 effects for the 15W) at once.
May also want to look at a Vox DA 5.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Don't listen to anyone on this forum. This is not the place to ask about Line 6 Amps. I have played on Roland Cubes and Vox Valvetronix's and they are a pile of **** compared to any Spider III 75watt and above. They were so ****ty for metal and there was no gain on it at all. Don't buy the 30Watt spider though, they use a 12" speaker like the 75Watt Spider but i dont know why, it just sounds horrible. Buy the 75Watt Spider III or anything above it.
I wouldnt listen to most guitarists, period.

Ask someone who doesnt know a damn thing about guitar sound, find out what they like better, that way you can stay as far away from elitisim as possible. No one really gives a damn what you get, advice helps, but it comes down to what you can buy.

UG is a place for the tormented to crush dreams and promote selfish agendas, most of the time.

Let YOUR opinion be the one that matters, its the only one that you have to live with.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Aditya_ram
Don't listen to anyone on this forum. This is not the place to ask about Line 6 Amps. I have played on Roland Cubes and Vox Valvetronix's and they are a pile of **** compared to any Spider III 75watt and above. They were so ****ty for metal and there was no gain on it at all. Don't buy the 30Watt spider though, they use a 12" speaker like the 75Watt Spider but i dont know why, it just sounds horrible. Buy the 75Watt Spider III or anything above it.

Ok, so what your saying here is, that valvetronix "are a pile of ****" just because they can't do metal, what a solid argument! The valvetronix is one of the best sounding practice out there. Ok, the spider has MOARGAINTOPLAYTEHBR00TALZ! but it's just fizzy, muddy and nois as hell.
Roland Cubes are a LOT better, also look into Kustom amps. Or a small valve amp? Epiphone Valve Junior, etc.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by Sguit
Ok, so what your saying here is, that valvetronix "are a pile of ****" just because they can't do metal, what a solid argument! The valvetronix is one of the best sounding practice out there. Ok, the spider has MOARGAINTOPLAYTEHBR00TALZ! but it's just fizzy, muddy and nois as hell.

the Valvetronix is definitely better if you aren't playing metal. The tone i get from my Spider isn't fizzy, muddy or noisy.
See this 30 second video and tell me if you really think that this amp deserves all the flak it gets on these forums. Now, I have not used any Pro-Audio software to improve the tone or anything, just a simple 4 MegaPixel Handycam and my Schecter with the 150Watt Spider III.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjfmGzoNdzg

If you spend only 20 mins on the Spider in a shop, you might not think it's good. But give it time, among all the presets, there are some REALLY good ones.
Last edited by Aditya_ram at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by Aditya_ram
the Valvetronix is definitely better if you aren't playing metal. The tone i get from my Spider isn't fizzy, muddy or noisy.
See this 30 second video and tell me if you really think that this amp deserves all the flak it gets on these forums. Now, I have not used any Pro-Audio software to improve the tone or anything, just a simple 4 MegaPixel Handycam and my Schecter with the 150Watt Spider III.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjfmGzoNdzg

If you spend only 20 mins on the Spider in a shop, you might not think it's good. But give it time, among all the presets, there are some REALLY good ones.

I seriously think that the spider is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overbashed onthese forums, but I also do think that there are better amps out there for the same money.
The only amp which I would think might be a bit better, is the Vypyr series but that is based on a Youtube comparison of the 15W spider to the 15W vypyr. I don't know how the higher wattage versions would compare, since I feel that the 15W and 30W spiders are really bad compared to 75W and up. However Vypyr amps are not available in India, where I live nor in the most part of Asia :P
Quote by TK1
i feel like this is a troll... stay away from line 6 spider (or any modeling type by line 6) amps.

seems like you've jumped on the bandwagon
the flextone and vetta are tasty little numbers:P
the spider was abit of a fail

ts look in to a roland cube or peavey vypyr
you wont regret it