How does this bass cab sound?

I need a better sound... Right now I'm playing a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 through a Peavey TNT 115. I've tried EQ'n this thing every way I can. I Just don't like the sound... If anyone can give some ideas to EQ it, that could also help.

Another thing about that amp, is that it clips at such a low volume, I hope this is just something I'm doing and not the amp itself.

Also, I know next to nothing about cabs and heads, Should you try to buy a better head, and cheaper cab; or cheaper head and better cab?

Thanks.

My budget is around $500-$800. Play mainly just rock.

Oh, another thing about the TNT, is no matter how I EQ it, the only time the low end sounds good is with new strings, the second they start getting old, A low B just sounds like fuzz. Again, I hope this is just me being crappy at EQ, even though I've tried alot of different settings.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
How have you eq'd it?

Are you plugging it into the low gain input?

What are your settings on the bass?
Nope, no sig here.
Also important. what kind of tone do you like?

I have a peavey amp next to me here. i have the lows at 4.5 the mid shift at 800 with the mids at 7 and the highs at seven. presence at +6. all setting are out of ten.

I know yours has a graphic eq but this can give you a small idea of settings i like. My settings are pretty close to that on my big gigging amp too. It all depends on your desired sound of course.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu