Hey everyone! Through weeks of trial and error, blood sweat and tears (ok, maybe not quite -that- grueling) I am happy to announce that I have completed my first 6 track demo! I now have something tangible to dish out and allow people to listen to what I've been cooking up. I have released my demo onto myspace and it is also currently in the process of being distributed through itunes as well.

I encourage you to take a gander and offer your thoughts and insight into the music, as well as shoot me a friend invite if you like what you hear!

Tune In, Tune Out, Drop In, Drop Out, Switch On, Switch Off, and Explode.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins
I love it, sounds like something that hasn't been heard in this decade. Crown Royale especially made me feel nostalgic about something I'm not sure about...but I LOVE the sound and feel to your songs.

(:
Nice work, now you're on my favorite bands list
Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*
so let it be written so let it be done..........

Quote by SOADrox429
You shouldn't hit your drummers. You're supposed to be nice to them, or they'll be scared of you.
I like some of the vocal arrangements in Crown Royale. Around the Bend was hit and miss, and probably a little sluggish timing-wise.

The opening guitars to Territorrial love impressed me. I don't like the drum sound, and the mixing of it. It's loud when it needs to be quiet and quiet when it needs to be loud (perhaps an amateur compression job). I do like the guitar parts throughout the song, though.

The vocals are pretty good throughout. Not fantastic, but I do like your vocal style and your choice of melodies over some interesting chord progressions (sometimes the guitars aren't quite in tune, but only by a little).

I personally wouldn't have put this on iTunes, but good luck to you sir, anyway.
Quote by fleaflicker182
I like some of the vocal arrangements in Crown Royale. Around the Bend was hit and miss, and probably a little sluggish timing-wise.

The opening guitars to Territorrial love impressed me. I don't like the drum sound, and the mixing of it. It's loud when it needs to be quiet and quiet when it needs to be loud (perhaps an amateur compression job). I do like the guitar parts throughout the song, though.

The vocals are pretty good throughout. Not fantastic, but I do like your vocal style and your choice of melodies over some interesting chord progressions (sometimes the guitars aren't quite in tune, but only by a little).

I personally wouldn't have put this on iTunes, but good luck to you sir, anyway.

I appreciate the honesty and critique, and I'll start by saying I am no professional sound engineer. Mixing and mastering is very new to me and I think I did a fair job for just picking it up within the last couple weeks. This is a demo geared more toward demonstrating the actual songwriting and vocal style, not the engineering feats of mastering it. The drums are also entirely programmed in therefore I tried to mask it as much as I could underneath the rest of the music. Therefore it is not as loud as I'd like it to be.

And as for putting it up on itunes, I've had several people tell me they want to purchase it so I figured what better medium to do that than itunes?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins
And fair enough, too. I'm not trying to discourage you.

I would just consider that several people is not really a fanbase worthy of commercially releasing material. You try and put out the best of yourself if it's in a professional environment, and while the songwriting is important, so is the sound.

Sure, you've done a good job with a few weeks of playing with stuff, but a slick sounding product will go a long way to drawing in an audience, and that takes experience and the right equipment to achieve, especially mastering.

Programmed drums are not impossible to get sounding passable on a recording, you just need to treat it right. Playing with the accents and velocity of notes will help alot in finding the right sound in the beat, rather than trying to fix it with over-compression and burying it in the mix.

You're actually more likely to get a better result WITHOUT compression if you don't know how to use it. It just takes more time to automate levels to get the balance.

I would continue to work on it after a break, and maybe try to get a drummer.

The main advice I would like to impart is that sometimes being very eager to show off your talents is a bad thing, because you may not be ready for it and people may be left under whelmed.

Keep rocking.
Anyone else?