I'm forming a metal-ish band, I guess, and I don't know too many bands with girl singers.

However, my two choices in singers atm are a girl who can REALLY sing, and a guy who can sing punk rock-ish stuff, but without quite the same raw talent, but he would sound better for the genre.

I'm leaning towards the girl, simply for pure talent. She can lern2be brutal later.
But my lead guitarist is leaning towards the guy, just because he doesn't think a girl belongs in a metal band.

What do you think?
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
I think, this would work better in the Musician Talk forum

Edit: The only time a girl works in metal, is when she has opera vocals. Or if she is in that thrash band I can't remember the name of
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Aug 14, 2009,
If you want to become popular, use the girl as a gimmick (especially if she's hot). Be warned, hardcore metal fans will always discredit you because of that choice.
Quote by SuperKoolKid
I'm forming a metal-ish band, I guess, and I don't know too many bands with girl singers.

However, my two choices in singers atm are a girl who can REALLY sing, and a guy who can sing punk rock-ish stuff, but without quite the same raw talent, but he would sound better for the genre.

I'm leaning towards the girl, simply for pure talent. She can lern2be brutal later.
But my lead guitarist is leaning towards the guy, just because he doesn't think a girl belongs in a metal band.

What do you think?

Sinergy has a girl singer, and they rock more balls than most male fronted metal bands

i say go for it

makes you stand out, gives you a great spokes person because lets face it men = horny and a girl = instant fans
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Why not have both? Use the male singer for harder stuff and the female for more melodic stuff and both for more 'epic' stuff.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Nothing against woman singers but 9/10 I get very bored of a girl singer and/or her voice gets annoying to me.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Win.

Can't forget about Aghora, either. I say go for the chick, especially if you're doing proggier stuff.

Anyway, did the thread title remind anyone else of the game Popular Vote we used to play on here?
The girls from Grey are good, and she growls very nicely (unlike Angela Gossow).

No good quality youtube video of them singing, sorry.
Quote by RedDeath9
Win.

Can't forget about Aghora, either. I say go for the chick, especially if you're doing proggier stuff.

Anyway, did the thread title remind anyone else of the game Popular Vote we used to play on here?

I'vevnever heard Aghora. Any Recs?
melt banana

forget about gender, just go for what styles you prefer. The way you describe them...neither seem to fit very well, but I'd go with the girl assuming she does know what's she's doing, and yeah, if she's hot that's a plus.
Depends . WE actually did try girl and guy- The thing was I'm an ego ***** and she writes too much about relationships (whereas the majority of our material is trippy/or socio-political) IT can work- just find the right blend
Quote by Highwaytohell
Depends . WE actually did try girl and guy- The thing was I'm an ego ***** and she writes too much about relationships (whereas the majority of our material is trippy/or socio-political) IT can work- just find the right blend

Oh, well that would have worked out just fine if you had adhered to the proper priority creative input chart regarding bands.

Song Writing
Guitarists
Vocalist
Drummer
Bassist
Women
Quote by stinger12345
Hire the girl, bang her, then fire her and hire the guy

Listen to this towel.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
Oh, well that would have worked out just fine if you had adhered to the proper priority creative input chart regarding bands.

Song Writing
Guitarists
Vocalist
Drummer
Bassist
Women

I lol'd
iwrestledabearonce has a sick chick singer.

give em a listen
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
Quote by WarMachine93

give em a listen

Don't listen to him. iwrestledabearonce is terrible. Listen to Rolo Tomassi instead.
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'vevnever heard Aghora. Any Recs?

Well, they only have two albums. (s/t and Formless) I haven't listened to the s/t all that well yet, but Formless is pretty good. Sean Malone and Sean Reinert played on the first one though... I should listen to it

So really, I can't really give you any album recs.

http://www.myspace.com/aghora

Open Close the Book is one of my favorites by them.
Quote by Cianyx
I think, this would work better in the Musician Talk forum

Edit: The only time a girl works in metal, is when she has opera vocals. Or if she is in that thrash band I can't remember the name of

iwrestledabearonce has a girl for a vocalist and she has some ****ing br00tal vocals.
Quote by slorggetti
Don't listen to me. iwrestledabearonce is great. Listen to Rolo Tomassi as well.

fixed.
Last edited by FreeManson15 at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by denfilade
Use one of them as the lead vocalist, then slap an instrument on the other one and they can be backup vocals.

Yup, I second that motion. It could be both interesting and cool to have both. I almost always find duets fun to listen to, personally. Bands like Alexisonfire have both a singer and a screamer, so you could perhaps imitate a set-up like that, by having one harsh and one pleasant vocalist.

Or, you could always just accept one and form a side-project with the other.
if she's hot it's a gimmick... ride it to stardom... in another genre.
if she's not, it's a paperweight... an anchor... ride it to obscurity... regardless of what you play.
always go where the talent is, but "talent" comes in many forms. I once knew a guy whose cat would meow in perfect pitch, I ****in' swear it. Brittney Spears can't do that even with the backing track, yet somehow she made tens of millions of dollars, whereas my friends cat still just lays around the house all day.
Quote by WarMachine93

give em a listen

NO DON'T! The problem with iwrestledabearonce is that they ****ing SUCK! Here's a tip, kiddies: Don't make your band name have multiple words strung together as one with no capitalization, and definitely don't put punctuation in the middle of it. You will inevitably suck.

Back on topic, pick both. They may not both sing all the time, but if they could both be taught to growl, then that'd be cool. Layered growls sound amazing. If one of them isn't singing, they could leap into the crowd and beat people up. Is this girl attractive?
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!