Hey all, I just uploaded a new song type thing. Its called "Prog Metal" and its in my profile. there are some mistakes that you can obviously hear and its still in progress, but id thought id upload what i have righ now.

Constructive criticism is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
Ah prog metal. Feels like home for me. Constructive criticism of this style is my forte!

Nice tone for the intro. I like that clean with dirty aftertaste tone, if you could add reverb or a touch of delay it might add some nice texture. The thing I'm missing though is the progressive edge. Its got some great ideas for rif***e in it to make a solid song with drums and the whole band for sure though.

You could mess around with half-time/double time if you can add drums somehow, and if you were bent on making it progressive metal I would suggest that you mess round with time signatures, maybe cut a quaver off the end of a phrase to make 7/8 every 2nd bar in some riffs or something like that.

Sounds like you could make a good song out of this though mate.

Here's mine if you'd like to crit back
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181055
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Sounds like proggy doom metal. I like it alot. Drop D, tool influenced.
Quote by Hot Pants
Ah prog metal. Feels like home for me. Constructive criticism of this style is my forte!

Nice tone for the intro. I like that clean with dirty aftertaste tone, if you could add reverb or a touch of delay it might add some nice texture. The thing I'm missing though is the progressive edge. Its got some great ideas for rif***e in it to make a solid song with drums and the whole band for sure though.

You could mess around with half-time/double time if you can add drums somehow, and if you were bent on making it progressive metal I would suggest that you mess round with time signatures, maybe cut a quaver off the end of a phrase to make 7/8 every 2nd bar in some riffs or something like that.

Sounds like you could make a good song out of this though mate.

Here's mine if you'd like to crit back
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181055

hey thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely mess around with some effects and what not for the intro!

I also commented back on your song as well

thanks again!

Peavey 6505+

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
[quote="'[EricS"]']Sounds like proggy doom metal. I like it alot. Drop D, tool influenced.

Yup, definitely Tool influenced

Peavey 6505+

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10