Okay, I didn't know the exact place to put this, but all I wanna do is ask a question and maybe get a little help or inspiration.

I've been working on writing a song for maybe 2 months now, and I'm kinda getting sick of playing the song I'm trying to finish writing.

What happened was, I came up with a riff and it sounded really good to me when I came up with it, but now since I'm trying to come with the perfect verse riff, chorus riff, etc. The song is starting to sound lame and boring to me.

the wierd thing is though, is that I can imagine the whole song, kinda, and me playing it on stage and it sounding awesome, but I just can't inspiration to write much onto it due to the monatonity of it.

So What's a good solution for this problem?
Quote by guitarskater11
Well what do you hear you playing? Figure that out by ear and kablam!

But every time I think I get the perfect thing I want, I always make up something else and I can never move forward past the intro riff
If you make something else put it somewhere else or make it the verse riff. Also try to just change up the riff if you don't like them all to much.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
2 months?!?! man just give up lol. like im in no way trying to brag, but with every song ive ever written ( i realize they arent the best) it all happens (writeing/recording) in at most 2 or 3 days time. it would be nice to hear the intro riff to be able to give you some more advice but guitarskater11 is right.. just play your riff then stop and try to picture what would sound good after that and then just try to come up with something that sounds like it.
i dont think i was very much help though, sorry bro
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by MattsRichardson
2 months?!?! man just give up lol. like im in no way trying to brag, but with every song ive ever written ( i realize they arent the best) it all happens (writeing/recording) in at most 2 or 3 days time. it would be nice to hear the intro riff to be able to give you some more advice but guitarskater11 is right.. just play your riff then stop and try to picture what would sound good after that and then just try to come up with something that sounds like it.
i dont think i was very much help though, sorry bro

I don't care how long it takes to write a song, what matters is how it comes out. songs aren't meant to be written in a week, it takes a while to grasp emotion and junk.

But the intro riff is on my profile, feel free to listen.
sorry if i sounded like an ass, im just saying i wouldnt have the patience to put up with it for that long
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by MattsRichardson
sorry if i sounded like an ass, im just saying i wouldnt have the patience to put up with it for that long

It's fine, I get ya.
Dude, just do variations of the intro riff for chorus, verse, etc on other notes or octaves. Once you have vocals over the song it won't sound boring or repetitive. It should sound like a normal song.
All I can say is that my songs are usually broken into amazing riffs or sound effects, and basic background stuff like drums and synth pads. So I build up a collection of "wow" recordings and when I go to write a song I basically just stick together some of these recordings, arrange it into a song and fill it out with the extras. It could also be that you're just overworked sick of the song after hearing it for the hundreth time, in which case tabla rasa is the way to go