Page 1 of 3
meh. i am not a fan of joke bands like that. i mean i know they are serious musicians but its just...ughh.
Saw them in concert in July. That chick can belt it live. They were pretty entertaining overall.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
Quote by loudog93
meh. i am not a fan of joke bands like that. i mean i know they are serious musicians but its just...ughh.

know exactly what you mean
i was watching this sometime b4
its kinda funny but dumb at the same time
where the hell do bands if u wanna call it that come out from?
Awful. They could actually be a really good band, they just aren't.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by punkforlife93
I agree with Mr. Cheesecake. She can scream really well, and the guitarists are really talented, but they don't take their music seriously at all.

This

Also I hate their name with a passion
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
I love them. Very talented musicians.

My only beef with them is that their lead singer sounds very similar in all the songs when she tries to sing. I think she's a good singer, just a little... "same" sound in all the songs. She can scream though, better than most guys IMO.

My favorite song by them at the moment is Tastes Like Kevin Bacon.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by Veil Of Osiris
I love them. Very talented musicians.

My only beef with them is that their lead singer sounds very similar in all the songs when she tries to sing. I think she's a good singer, just a little... "same" sound in all the songs. She can scream though, better than most guys IMO.

My favorite song by them at the moment is Tastes Like Kevin Bacon.

There whole new cd is pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfpoUCaxxRM

Epic girl screamer. And watch there drummer 1:03 XD

3:05 sick breakdown lmao
Last edited by cardboardcorn at Aug 15, 2009,
How many releases have they had? I have "It's All Happening" and their self titled EP. Do I have them all?
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
**** I didn't really know there was so much hate for this band in this forum. I've loved them ever since i heard them, it's a really nice pastiche of alot of different forms of music.
They're ****in awesome, and they aren't serious b/c they chose not to be. I can't believe ppl are str8 up judging them for what they are interested in playing, rather then what they play. To be honest goofiness aside their one of the most talented bands period. And i really respect that they have a sense of humor, rather than look at us were br00tal w/ no personality.

And have you heard the new single, holy ****.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OsOzrApkvA
Last edited by Redy2Rage at Aug 16, 2009,
I'm not judging them on anything except the fact that I don't like their music at all.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
A friend of mine showed me these guys (and girl) a couple of weeks ago. the funny thing to me is that i understood her less when she was singing than when she was screaming.

dunno how that worked out. *shrug*
singer's hot, music video was entertaining, they have some catchy hooks and are talented. That being said, I really don't like this band. Too many breakdowns/chromatic runs, and the whole "metal just got gay" thing is stupid...I mean Rob Halford? Manowar? That boat already sailed.
Quote by technicolour
singer's hot, music video was entertaining, they have some catchy hooks and are talented. That being said, I really don't like this band. Too many breakdowns/chromatic runs, and the whole "metal just got gay" thing is stupid...I mean Rob Halford? Manowar? That boat already sailed.

haha good point.

they make me smile and bang my head, although i can't lie im biased to them b/c their from LA
From what I've heard, the whole "Metal Just Got Gay" thing started by some one posting just that as a comment on their myspace.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by Veil Of Osiris
From what I've heard, the whole "Metal Just Got Gay" thing started by some one posting just that as a comment on their myspace.

well now you can get that very slogan on a t-shirt, beer cozy, bandanna, washing machine, scrotal piercing ect.
Quote by Dregen
Good deathcore. Good vocals.

BAD experimentation.

I think they're more mathcore than deathcore.

I like them but they remind me alot of the Number 12 Looks Like You
^I always considered them Mathcore, too. But, I guess Experimental Deathcore works just as well.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by Redy2Rage
well now you can get that very slogan on a t-shirt, beer cozy, bandanna, washing machine, scrotal piercing ect.

Hahaha I know EXACTLY what you mean
I really don't understand this band :<

Musically, they are somewhat talented.

But the entire premise of the band kinda just rubs me the wrong way. And too many ****ty breakdowns. God I hate breakdowns.
Is it just me or do the guitar lines to all of their songs sound insanely impossible?
love is love // return to dust
I've never heard of them before, but I was seriously laughing out loud during that music video. Something about the brutalness of the music, in combination with them all playing fake instruments... lawlz.
Quote by tancanada
Is it just me or do the guitar lines to all of their songs sound insanely impossible?

...It's just you?

They do weird stuff with tapping and the whammy bar sometimes, but other than that I don't know what you could be talking about.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I hate when people say this band isn't serious, or in it for the lulz. They like playing tech-metalcore, and want to have fun doing it.
That being this said, this looks like a fun band to watch live, and listen to, but I'm not a big fan.
^They're talking about the randomness of the music, I think. For instance, the random horse sound after the "ho-down" part of You Ain't No Family, which I'm sure they added for "the lulz".
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Yeah, that whole part doesn't sit well with me. I mean, I love when bands like BTBAM throw in other genres, but here it just doesn't flow as well, they don't transition into it as well as BTBAM. It sounds like they just threw it in there for the sake of having a bunch of genres in one song and calling themselves experimental.

Also I'm going to have to reiterate how much I can't stand her singing.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
...It's just you?

They do weird stuff with tapping and the whammy bar sometimes, but other than that I don't know what you could be talking about.

I was meaning like the intro to Tastes Like Kevin Bacon. It dosnt sound like something any average guitar player could sit down and play easily.
love is love // return to dust
There's a difference between impossible and not being "something any average guitar player could sit down and play easily". A HUGE difference.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
This band is just noise. I can't stand these bands with ****ing retarded names/videos, and all these scene kids/***s think its all 'deep' and 'original'. (Yeah I'm talking about TDWP-like bands, deal with it). This kind of music needs to just die off already, we've all had enough.
I do not enjoy this. Sounds like just plain noise to me...*sigh*...but to each his own I suppose.
Defender of the Llama
i like em
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Joshbeau
This band is just noise. I can't stand these bands with ****ing retarded names/videos, and all these scene kids/***s think its all 'deep' and 'original'. (Yeah I'm talking about TDWP-like bands, deal with it). This kind of music needs to just die off already, we've all had enough.

IWABO > TDWP come on not even the same league.
I agree that sometimes the parts just don't fit, but I lol'd at the car horn in Tastes like Kevin Bacon
Page 1 of 3