I'm looking for a pickup that has a midrange bite and some high end, budget about 200 bucks for one bridge pickup, any suggestions? Genre's mainly gonna be classic rock and rock, like aerosmith, guns n roses, etc.

EDit: This is going in my agile btw, and I tried a JB and hated it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Aug 15, 2009,
id go seymour duncan jb. its a great pickup that has a lot of high end bite and mid range. i love this pickups for everything from classic rock to modern metal, it can do it all. a very versitile pickup
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by Erock503
with that kind of budget, you need to check out this comparison.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=950856&content=music
The irony is that $200 is still not enough to afford one those Holmes or Throbaks, which is absolutely ridiculous...

I really want to try a Holmes for myself, see if it's really worth $600 a set. They're my favorite in that set of pickups tested, the tone is very Pagey-like. I have a set of Wolfetones coming in, a Dr. Vintage neck and an underwound Marshall Mk II bridge. Excited to hear them in my guitar...

he Wolfetone Marshallheads would serve the TS just fine, great vowel like mids, and a nice top end sparkle. Might have too much presence and too hot for a GnR sound but works incredibly well for just about any other type of classic rock that calls for a 1960 burst PAF tone.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by al112987
The irony is that $200 is still not enough to afford one those Holmes or Throbaks, which is absolutely ridiculous...

I really want to try a Holmes for myself, see if it's really worth $600 a set. They're my favorite in that set of pickups tested, the tone is very Pagey-like. I have a set of Wolfetones coming in, a Dr. Vintage neck and an underwound Marshall Mk II bridge. Excited to hear them in my guitar...

he Wolfetone Marshallheads would serve the TS just fine, great vowel like mids, and a nice top end sparkle. Might have too much presence and too hot for a GnR sound but works incredibly well for just about any other type of classic rock that calls for a 1960 burst PAF tone.

agree, it is pretty ridiculous how much some of them cost. On the other hand though, there are some killer handwound pups listed there under his budget, that never really get talked about. I also agree with the Wolfetone suggestion, the Marshallhead is a fantastic pickup, and Wolfe is a great guy to deal with.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Wolfe is definitely a pro's pro, he's a great guy that makes a great product for a great price and it's a shame that he doesn't get much recognition on these boards.

I'd also put in a good word for Jim Wagner's pickups as well, the Darkbursts and Fillmores absolutely smoke in les pauls.

The Motor City 2nd Degree BBs sound interesting as well...
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 15, 2009,
Duncan Custom 5.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com