Well, I have been playing Bass & Guitar on and off for the past 3 years nonchalantly and recently decided to get serious, taken a few guitar and a few bass lessons and have been playing a lot and decided I should upgrade basses soon. I really am interested and ER basses, 5 string, 6 string, possibly fretless. Ultimately, my goal is to be able to tap well... And for that I don't just need the Low-B I need the higher strings to achieve ultimate success in this. 4 string doesn't offer much in tap play. Heh.

Right now, my best bass is a Squire P bass. Gear is NOT a problem, I have gear and a studio, blah blah. :P

I was looking at the Ibanez SR500 series, and saw they make 4, 5, and fretless.
I also noticed the SR506 got pretty nice reviews and I was interested in a 6 string as well.

I really want to get a Ibanez SR because my first bass was of the Ibanez GSR series and it was nice... I really like the Squire P, has nice tones so I was going to look at a Fender but way too pricey... I am open to suggestions.

As long as the price doesn't break $600 I am cool.
Thanks so much UG!

-E
Last edited by [EricS] at Aug 15, 2009,
The sr300 is good
the 500 series is very nice.
I love SRs and highly recommend them.

As for Fenders, what about MIM? They're good instruments and not as expensive.
Or a Squire VM? (I think)

What would you be looking to play with it?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Squier VM series is on par or very close to fender.

Personally my SX bass feels alot better then some fenders i've played but SX is a hit or miss brand, i'm probably just really lucky.
Really into Prog rock/metal. Post-Hardcore. But if I had a 6 I would definitely try some kind of proggresive improv bass/keys/percussive stuff.

(BTW: i edited not the SR300 i mean 500 i got 503 mixed up with 300 some how...)