hey i'm looking for a good overdrive pedal

I'm really picky with my overdrive, and I haven't been able to find the right one yet. It's also really hard to describe the overdrive sound i'm looking for, but think an indie music type sound. Probably a low-mid range od, but something with a little range would be nice.

I don't get to try pedals out very often before I buy them, so I really just have to rely on suggestions, reviews, and videos. So all help would be greatly appreciated.

i can't put a price on the perfect od if i ever were to find it, but it would preferably be below $200.

some that I've been looking at

barber ltd (maybe the sr)
fulltone ocd
modded tubescreamer (keeley or analogueman)
lovepedal les lius
lovepedal kanji eternity
mi audio blues (maybe the pro)
a gibson super goldtone ga-60rv
Last edited by gtrplyr76 at Aug 15, 2009,
Checkout some of Wampler's stuff at youtube. SuperPlextortion is my favorite pedal.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
thanks! I think the guy at the music store not too far away said he was going to start carrying wampler
I was set on a fulltone OCD before i heard the youtube stuff, but this pedal does everything it does and more. Low mid and high gain switch, presence switch, treb, mid, bass control and it's also a pretty decent volume boost. Was about a 4 week wait, but well worth it. I never turn it off.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Lovepedal Kanji is a beautiful OD. Look up some reviews on youtube.
Weekend Warrior
guyatone od2 - I have it and love it
or if you are going for a more expensive pedal ..... T- rex, I don't remember the model I tried and loved, but it was like 150$usd and very very versiatle and nice
Keeley SD-1 stacked mod!
I love my blues pro. Haven't been able to compare it to the blue boy deluxe yet. Decent amount of gain on tap, nothing mind-blowingly heavy but it is a low-mid gain od. The tone control works alright, turning it up on the treble reduces the bass and increases the treble, and vice-versa. Blue boy deluxe has separate treble and bass controls, but I haven't felt the need. The fuzz switch isn't very helpful, don't expect it to double as a fuzz, although you can get some really raunchy sounds when you max the gain and level then flick it on.

Probably the cheapest pedal you're looking at as well.
Visual Sound Route 66 American Overdrive
Overdrive / Distortion pedal
Radial Tonbone Classic distortion: A really versatile and nice sounding od.
http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?resultpage=4&CategoryID=9

Pigtronix Polysaturator: Really smooth od, very responsive and tube-like.
http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=703&CategoryID=9

Radial Texas Bone: Sounds like a TS9 but with more tweakings and two channels, the second one has more gain and more mid-range.
http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1205&CategoryID=9

The other suggestions are good too
Hey,
You might want to check out the Green Line by Smart People Factory. This is the same OD Josh Homme uses which as you know he's a very bassy, low end type of guy so I think it would be fitting. They have clips right on their website.

http://www.smartpeoplefactory.com/

Thanks,
Matt
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now