Tech Support are re-imaging my computer when I next visit them.
To much debate, I have allowed this to occur.

Anyway, what sneaky moves can I use (such as deleting the system32 folder) to make the process difficult for them?

Is reimaging is done from the command prompt?
If so, Help me!!
gear.

guitbox---->stompbox---->ampbox---->cabbox
Are you trying to sabotage yourself or something?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Well, sabotage the computer.
gear.

Quote by XmaximX
Well, sabotage the computer.
Thus sabotaging you as they'll have your computer even longer, right?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
And you are accomplishing...what?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I really don't care anymore, I just want them to suffer.
I've argued this for too long.
gear.

Quote by XmaximX
Tech Support are re-imaging my computer when I next visit them.
To much debate, I have allowed this to occur.

Anyway, what sneaky moves can I use (such as deleting the system32 folder) to make the process difficult for them?

Is reimaging is done from the command prompt?
If so, Help me!!

If by reimaging you mean taking it back to how it was when they gave it to you theres not really alot you can do short of physically damaging the laptop.
They'll caddy your hard drive and copy their stock HDD image to it using Acronis or something similar.
Backup your files and stuff if you want to keep them.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
If by reimaging you mean taking it back to how it was when they gave it to you theres not really alot you can do short of physically damaging the laptop.
They'll caddy your hard drive and copy their stock HDD image to it using Acronis or something similar.
Backup your files and stuff if you want to keep them.

So there IS something I can do, short of physically damaging the computer.

Explain.
gear.

Quote by XmaximX
So there IS something I can do, short of physically damaging the computer.

Explain.

Not to my knowledge there isn't, they'll just take your hard drive out and rape it. You could always buy another hard drive and put it in there and give it to them then put yours back in when you get the laptop back.
Then buy your self an external hard drive case and you've got yourself a nice little portable hard drive?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Why does this piss you off so much/
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
put a magnet on the hard drive

not quite sure what itll do, but ive heard its pretty bad
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Deleting System32 will not make the process difficult for re imaging....
Infact it won't make a difference if there just re-installing the OS.

re-imaging as someone already said is just a reinstall of the OS (like windows XP) again
returning your machine to factory default. Re-imaging is not done from the command line..... XD

They're fixing it.... do you want the piece of junk on not???? seems like your a little confused here.

There's nothing you can really do.... to be honest you could tell us why it has reached this point so as to appease our interest.... Like why are they re-imaging your drive... what are the main problems with the pc that led to this....>>>>>???? GAH!!!! ANGER!!!!!!!!
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
there's really nothing you can do here, a magnet will just cause massive data corruption, which reimaging would immediately fix anyway. If you want to make it hard for them just take the hard drive out and bash it repeatedly with a hammer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Hmm, well I'm at school and they are taking all the computers from us to re-flash everything.

In the process, they remove admin rights from the students preventing us from installing anything.

Annoying? I have ping-pong-ed emails, to no avail.

EDIT:

WHat about finding a software that will write everything on the disk to 1's (Binary).

On a wide scale (multiple computers), any effect?
gear.

Last edited by XmaximX at Aug 15, 2009,
?When you get it back just reflash it yourself, give yourself admin rights again
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
?When you get it back just reflash it yourself, give yourself admin rights again

^This.
1) Create recovery disk(s).
2) Let them reflash it.
3) Run recovery disk(s).
4) Enjoy having your laptop as it was.
Jeez why not just set your laptop on fire.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by XmaximX
Hmm, well I'm at school and they are taking all the computers from us to re-flash everything.

In the process, they remove admin rights from the students preventing us from installing anything.

Annoying? I have ping-pong-ed emails, to no avail.

EDIT:

WHat about finding a software that will write everything on the disk to 1's (Binary).

On a wide scale (multiple computers), any effect?

Umm, is it a school issued computer? otherwise they can't really make you do that.

and to your edit: you have no idea how reflashing or computer vidruses work do you, even if you load a virus onto the HD the reflashing will wipe it out and it won't be able to infect anything.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
@Kid Thorazine: Well, okay.

I'll try the recovery disk option.
But I guess that will only work if they don't change the way the computer connects to their network, as in programs.
We use outdated software (no names mentioned) to connect to the school network.

Thanks All.

----END THREAD----
gear.