I kinda scratched the fretboard by digging into the wood while doing some bends. Should I use 0000 steel wool to take it out?
I'd leave it honestly, If all your frets get messed up to the point where you can't look at them, then it's the perfect excuse to scallop your neck!
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
That could work, but a very simple cause might be new strings. If you're strings are old, you will get that grinding feeling.
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Quote by nedthehead
That could work, but a very simple cause might be new strings. If you're strings are old, you will get that grinding feeling.

+1
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I meant solution. The cause would be old strings, the solution would be new ones. I am derp at 2:48AM!
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Its not the frets.. Its the fretboard wood. I dug into it with my nails. (stupid me)
Cut your nails. I would have to try really hard to dig into any of my fretboards, but I keep the nails on my left hand very short.
Quote by stratman7
Cut your nails. I would have to try really hard to dig into any of my fretboards, but I keep the nails on my left hand very short.

I left my thumb nail long for quite some time, and now there are some pretty deep gouges from digging in at the lower frets on the side of my neck
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
What kind of fretboard wood you got there bro? I installed a new nut on a rosewood fretboard once and I could barely scratch it with a saw! You might try some colored wood filler if it really bothers you.
You're not bending correctly! Sideways force is required not downward force (ie you're supposed to push the string across the frets & not into them).
And yeah, cut your nails! If you can dent wood with them they're too dangerous to be kept long!
Moving on.....
Quote by BobDetroit
What kind of fretboard wood you got there bro? I installed a new nut on a rosewood fretboard once and I could barely scratch it with a saw! You might try some colored wood filler if it really bothers you.

It is a rosewood fretboard. I was also thinking of using a high grit sandpaper to to hide the scratches. God, I wish I wasnt so anal about the imperfections of the guitar.