Page 1 of 2
I've found an auction for a Bugera 333XL ending in 14 hours, $499AUD with no bids. Brand new, but no warranty.

Should I nail it? It's in perfect working order, if I do have issues with it, how much would it cost to fix?
If it's one of the ones produced in '09 then yeah. '08? No.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
depends, are you willing to open up the amp and resolder every connection inside? Even the more recent ones have some faulty solder joints.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It's an 09. I figure that if I get it for that much, that's still $400 less than what I could get it for anywhere else, and could pay to have it repaired if need be.
Sounds good to me.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
depends, are you willing to open up the amp and resolder every connection inside? Even the more recent ones have some faulty solder joints.
Sounds like an easy fix to me.

I really wanna pick up one of these 333xls. They look fascinating.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I love my Bugera with no probs but I would spend the xtra cash and get the warranty with it.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
i've emailed the guy and he is taking the listing down cause i offered him $600
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Uh, it would cost an extra $500+ to get a new one with warranty.

no, it wouldnt cost an extra $500, if you are paying $499, it would cost about $200 more, well worth the warranty

edit:not sure what the shipping costs to Aus though
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Last edited by madh4ttr at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by bucketmark
i've emailed the guy and he is taking the listing down cause i offered him $600

I emailed him earlier.

Are you serious?

madh4ttr - A lot.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I emailed him earlier.

Are you serious?

madh4ttr - A lot.

i kid
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
You f#@$ing bastard, you had me worried as for like half an hour! I was full panicking, I hate you!

Well done sir, that was amazing
Quote by slickerthnsleek
You f#@$ing bastard, you had me worried as for like half an hour! I was full panicking, I hate you!

Well done sir, that was amazing

<3!
i'm sigging the Well done sir, that was amazing "
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
That's twice I'm in your sig. You always produce your best work when I'm around, probably because we live in the same time zone, lol.

Actually, why the hell are you up at 1:30am, I thought I was the only Aussie this insane? lol
i forgot i had you in there! ah well the more the better.
I'm watching The Nanny.. i'm so awesome & just browsing the big WWW.

i played the 333XL at over half volume and it was amazing, such a tight punchy tone.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Oh I used to like that show... now I hate it because my housemates watch it constantly and I am OVER IT. Fran Drescher's voice gives me headaches and the theme song irks me.

Hence the need for a much louder guitar amp. Drowns them out, and one of them hates metal, and I hate him, so I win. ^_^

I usually play the 333XL at the local music store with the channel volume right up and the master down a little bit, the tone was amazing. Although I kinda prefer the sound of 6L6s, I might change them when the EL34s die.
Yeah her voice is the most annoying thing ever, but it's something to watch.

We need more affordable tube amps in Australia, it's quite ridiculous imo.

I'm only like 30 minutes away from you haha, i'm in Central Coast.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Yeah we do, it's insane. I'd love a 6505, but they're like $2500 here. It's crap. The 333XL sounds pretty good though. I'd have gotten a 6262 if it had a line out.

Really? Where abouts? I'm in Newcastle, not far from Broadmeadow. That's awesome, lol
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Yeah we do, it's insane. I'd love a 6505, but they're like $2500 here. It's crap. The 333XL sounds pretty good though. I'd have gotten a 6262 if it had a line out.

Really? Where abouts? I'm in Newcastle, not far from Broadmeadow. That's awesome, lol

Yeah i'd LOVE a 6505, that's why i am getting a 6262 for christmas ha, closest thing to it.

Berkeley Vale if you've heard of it ha. I often go to Muso's Corner @ national park just to troll the amp room and be a pest by testing everything.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I've heard of that.

Are you kidding? I'm there all the time, I've probably seen you there, I'm always in the amp room too, hahaha
Haha nope, i love muso's! I love how you can just grab any guitar and just plug it in, such a friendly place! next time i go i'll tell you!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
yeah defiantly! look at the picture i took last time i was there haha

Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
When was that? I was there last Thursday and it looked a little more spacious than that. I love the JCM second from the left, that amp kicks ass. I've got a few photos and videos from in there too but they're all on my phone, lol
Hmm i think like a month ago, nobody has wanted to take the trip with me lately, i might next weekend though. I was playing a mesa and some random came in and goes.. if you want a real metal amp play this *points at jcm* i was like what!?

But yeah when i played the jcm 900 i was blown away, that thing is a beast!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Yeah it is, I ran a TS9 through it and turned it up a bit, it was insane.

It's funny how often n00bs come in and say stupid stuff though. About 4pm, all the school kids come in and plug their Ibanez's into the Valveking and try and shred, it's fun to watch because it's so bad sometimes.

Last time I was there, this little girl, must've been about 7 or 8, asks me if I'm in a band and I'm like 'no...' and she's like 'you're really good', giggled shyly and walked out. It was so cute, I was only playing a song by the Living End, haha.
I haven't ran a pedal through anything yet, i feel bad for asking to try so much.

A few scene kids were in one time playing some totally awesome generic metalcore riffs, so me and my friend came started to play sweet child o' mine intro harmonized totally out of key.. it was so epic when they had enough and left.

daw, that's so sweet haha i can just picture it now.

My best moment is when an employer came in when me and my friend were just playing and sat there and watched us play and told us we were awesome for our age and got other employers to come in and watch.. gave me the biggest confidence boost.

:edit so many typos.. stupid me
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Aug 15, 2009,
It's amazing how often stuff like that happens. I can go there and just spend the day there, everyone is so nice, there's plenty of scene***s to laugh at, the people working there come and listen to you and give you advice and compliments and stuff... I was in there a few weeks ago for like an hour, and in that space 4 people came in and asked if they could help, and said I sounded good. It's pretty cool. And there's a girl that works there, seems younger, probably early 20s, it always feels like she's flirting with me, haha
Quote by slickerthnsleek
It's amazing how often stuff like that happens. I can go there and just spend the day there, everyone is so nice, there's plenty of scene***s to laugh at, the people working there come and listen to you and give you advice and compliments and stuff... I was in there a few weeks ago for like an hour, and in that space 4 people came in and asked if they could help, and said I sounded good. It's pretty cool. And there's a girl that works there, seems younger, probably early 20s, it always feels like she's flirting with me, haha

Haha yeah it's a really friendly environment to be in, very good music shop. There was a guy that looked like kerry king who worked there... i was like \m/

I cream over the ESP's oh god how i want one!

I don't like the drum shop though, my friend got on an electric kit and start to play and the guy told him to get off - even though there was a sign saying "feel free to try" total wtfs were had.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by ch0
If it's one of the ones produced in '09 then yeah. '08? No.

i have an 08 and its never died on me and works perfectly
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by bucketmark
Haha yeah it's a really friendly environment to be in, very good music shop. There was a guy that looked like kerry king who worked there... i was like \m/

I cream over the ESP's oh god how i want one!

I don't like the drum shop though, my friend got on an electric kit and start to play and the guy told him to get off - even though there was a sign saying "feel free to try" total wtfs were had.

He still works there I think, hahaha.
They only have one Schecter which annoys me. I usually play the Les Pauls and sometimes the ESPs, that's about it. Strat if I feel like playing Chilis stuff, lol.

The guys in the drum shop are assholes, I've only been there once.
I just go straight for an ESP Eclipse, they're the ultimate guitar for me i love them.
esp > 6505 = my main muso's combination. It's just so damn heavy and fantastic!
sometimes I turn on a few amps and tell my friend to message me so they go crazy with that signal tone thingy going through aha, it's funny
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
LOL, that's epic.

I usually get either the LP or the Eclipse (we've played the same guitar, wow) and head for the JCM or the 6505, because the Mesas are hardly plugged in. And as embarrassing as it is, I don't know how to change channels on the damn things. lol
Quote by devit
i have an 08 and its never died on me and works perfectly
Knock on wood.

Anyways, one isn't a trend. The '08 models are still sketchy even if yours has been a peach.
Quote by Marty Friedman
agree 100% on the mesa comment, i have no idea either.. and the thing is WAY to damn loud even on "low" volumes. way to many knobs on one amp.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Page 1 of 2