I have lemon oil but I've heard you shouldn't use it on some kinds of wood.

I have an LTD B-405, can I use lemon oil on the fretboard?
If not, how should I clean it?
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
Aight, thanks

But how do I actually do it?
Spray it on a cloth thingy and then wipe?
Spray it directly on the fretboard and wipe? What do I do?
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
Quote by BroDD
Aight, thanks

I put it on the cloth and rub it into each fret with the grain. works fine.

Quote by Heminator89
Which oil would you recommend for basswood body?

If the body has a finish of any kind(and most do) You won't use lemon oil on the body. Tell us what finish it has(glossy, satin matte, or whatever) or just give us a link to your bass and someome here will tell you what to use.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by BroDD
Aight, thanks

I dab the lemon oil onto a cotton ball and then rub it onto each fret one by one, then let it soak until the frets are dry. The with a dry cotton ball or rag wipe off any excess oil.

edit: nice bass
Last edited by FUT55 at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by FUT55
I dab the lemon oil onto a cotton ball and then rub it onto each fret one by one, then let it soak until the frets are dry. The with a dry cotton ball or rag wipe off any excess oil.

edit: nice bass

Yes, forgot to mention to take a dry cloth and wipe off the excess. I use a polishing cloth or any lint-less cloth i can find. I imagine a cotton ball would work find as long as it doesn't leave behind any little strands of cotton. No point in making the fretboard pretty if it's gonna look hairy.

To heminator. I took a look at your profile...and it would appear that you're in the wrong forum....but that's ok since your question pertains to both guitars and basses.

The Ibanez RG's have a glossy finish. Go to your local guitar shop and tell them you need guitar cleaner and polish for a glossy finish. I'm not sure what things you can use on glossy finishes except for the products made specifically for it.

One thing I do when cleaning my glossy finish bodies. Get a slightly damp cloth and a dry cloth. Make sure they're lintless cloths like polishing cloths or something of the same idea. Wipe your guitar down with the wet one. Avoid bare wood. It's not a huge thing if the water touches the edge of the fretboard of course. Just don't water-log it. then dry it with the dry cloth. After this, apply polish from the store. You will have a beautiful shiny guitar again.

Also, I always clean it with the strings off so i can get into all the hard to reach places.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu