Page 1 of 2
So Pit, what do you use to transport your guitar to a gig? The gigbag has much more sorage space than the hardcase, for transporting cables andsuch, but the case protects your guitar so much more. Do you prefer storage potential of the gigbag or the portective features of the case?
Myself, I use a case and a backpack for all other stuff.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
For gigging, I prefer the gigbag. Hence the name.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
hardcase, and whack cables and stuff in a bag
i just like the security of a harcase
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
hardshell ftw

Gigbags are only acceptable for short distance trips to a place where you know what will be happening,such as a jam session at a buddies.For a gig the added security of a HSC is a must.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by gorkyporky
So Pit, what do you use to transport your guitar to a gig? The gigbag has much more sorage space...

Quote by gorkyporky
gigbag

Quote by gorkyporky
gig

Theres a clue...
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Theres a clue...

well arent you quite the little genious. If you would take 30s to read the replys, you would see that many people prefer the hardcase.
Last edited by gorkyporky at Aug 15, 2009,
i use a gigbag for the two days a week i take it to school, cos there's a storage place and i know it'll be safe. actually playing a gig, i use my hardcase.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Flightcase. Much easier to notice if someone's walking out the venue with it. God knows what would happen to the f*cker who tries lifting my custom baby. The flightcase would probably double up as an execution tool.

This...

but why would it be out of your hands in the first place?
Quote by lukeylynch
This...

but why would it be out of your hands in the first place?

If I'm getting pissed at the bar, chatting up the barmaids, obviously.

Sh*t, that reminds me, I have a gig to play at tonight and get pissed at and chat up the barmaids.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It would depend on the venue I say, hard shells can work out to be a real nightmare..

How?

disclaimer: hasn't gigged with his hardcase.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If I'm getting pissed at the bar, chatting up the barmaids, obviously.

Sh*t, that reminds me, I have a gig to play at tonight and get pissed at and chat up the barmaids.

**** you, i have a gig today (thats why im askin this), but im the driver tonight, so i cant get pissed, and that means no chatting up barmaids for me
Hardcase, seeing as i usually play a hollowbody, it just feels as though the slightest knock would put a hole in it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by papershredder
For gigging, I prefer the gigbag. Hence the name.

They just call it a gigbag to make you buy.

It's a marketing scheme. Hardcases are much better 'gigbags'
I use a hard case.
I put my cables etc. in there aswell.

They're pretty awkward, but I was thankful for mine when we packed out van with our gear to find when we got home that the wheel of my drummer's hardware case had gone through the wood. If it had been a gig bag, there could have been some pretty serious damage!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Flightcase. Much easier to notice if someone's walking out the venue with it. God knows what would happen to the f*cker who tries lifting my custom baby. The flightcase would probably double up as an execution tool.

Quoted for truth
Quote by The Sallad
I don't trust my baby to a softy...ever.

That's what she said!!!!

Quote by n00bje
Quoted for truth

Security for my instrument goes even further. I keep my certificate of authenticity at home at all times, my spec sheet in my wallet at all times, and my purchase receipt somewhere else. Very rarely will all 4 components be together at the same time.

And it's all insured, too
Jackson in it's case and my Les paul in a gigbag.

Both kept in the dressing room, with a close eye on them.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Security for my instrument goes even further. I keep my certificate of authenticity at home at all times, my spec sheet in my wallet at all times, and my purchase receipt somewhere else. Very rarely will all 4 components be together at the same time.

And it's all insured, too

Smart guy. How's your career going?
Still waiting on the label to give us money. Just going through pre production when everyone's got spare time, and gigging our arses off. Chatting to sound engineers about CD mastering, a couple of local interviews. Things are picking up, but I can't wait for when things really pick up.
Yeah man. Do you think it's worth the time recording songs on my phone and getting used to recording stuff, or should I wait until I get better/get a band/get a deal and thus get into a real studio etc?
Quote by inhatredofme
Hardcase and a backpack for cables and what not.

+1 that's what I do
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Always a hardcase for guitars of value, though I take 4 guitars to some gigs and only have 2 hardcases so the backup guitars go in softcases (2 tunings, backup for each in case of string breakages). For my LAG (the most expensive guitar I own by far) I also keep the certificate of authenticity at home like Deliriumbassist. Softcases are not good for any situation where your guitar might get knocked around in transit (i.e on way to gig), bashed by heavy gear (i.e when another band is moving gear around the backstage area of a smaller venue and may not be so careful for your gear) and generally I find hardcases easier to pack into the car because you can simply stack them due to their rather uniform size, whereas softcases tend to get slotted in to whatever space is available and if something slips while driving, the neck could get snapped or anything.

I have a sports hold-all with my MIDI-board/pedals/guitar stands/wireless etc. in and while it weighs a ton I prefer having all the gear in one bag rather than dashing in and out of pockets on softcases.

Quote by lukeylynch
Yeah man. Do you think it's worth the time recording songs on my phone and getting used to recording stuff, or should I wait until I get better/get a band/get a deal and thus get into a real studio etc?

Deliriumbassist might have a better answer for you, but for now at least: are you on about using the voice record function on a mobile phone? 'Cos if you are, it really won't give you anyway near a listenable recording and won't let you multi-track/overdub so will be hard to replicate the recording feel of a studio/proper setup. I sometimes record ideas on to my phone if I'm not at home and have an idea and no other way of recording it, but as soon as I find a free moment I record a decent copy on computer.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Aug 15, 2009,
1. Buy gigbag
2. Buy large hardcase
3. Put guitar in gigbag
4. Put gigbag in hardcase
5. ???
6. Profit
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Deliriumbassist might have a better answer for you, but for now at least: are you on about using the voice record function on a mobile phone? 'Cos if you are, it really won't give you anyway near a listenable recording and won't let you multi-track/overdub so will be hard to replicate the recording feel of a studio/proper setup. I sometimes record ideas on to my phone if I'm not at home and have an idea and no other way of recording it, but as soon as I find a free moment I record a decent copy on computer.

Yeah, the voice function. I play along to the bass and drums through the headphones connected to my CD player...etc, etc.

I find it such a hassle push the buttons/dealing with the cables everywhere etc, but I wonder if it's a hassle worth getting used to since I plan to record in an actual studio in the future...
hardshell case, I dont trust gigbags worth ****
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
My gigbag has a fender logo on it, naturally.

It makes me feel better about my penis.
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Mine to actually. I put a sticker on right next to my Ibanez logo......
Both, actually. I always brang two guitars when I gigged, one for backup. My strat in my hardcase and my LP in a gigbag. I generally stuffed all the cables and whatnots in my gigbag.
Quote by red_hot_chili18
id say gigbag makes you look more sophisticated

They should make hardcases with black velvet/cool looking material around the outside.
Fluffy hardcase would be my choice.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
I use a gigbag
But I have a really nice coffin case gigbag thats super padded so I don't have to worry about my guitar every minute I'm not playing it
Page 1 of 2