I need software in which i can mix and master music.That may sound stupid and link me to another thread.But im a bit more specific.For a long time i was using Audition 3.0,its a nice program but its worthless when mixing many tracks at once.Because of its real time effects it causes delays and other problems.I had to mix drums first,then bass,then guitars,then put them in one place,then realize that the drums arent mixed well.I tried Cubase products but they all let me down.Cubase SX3 has some delays with the meters which is annoyng and missguiding (or was it me?).Cubase Studio 4 constantly crashes.Cubase LE 4 is great but cant use it because of some issues i would be probably banned for . Pro Tools would be awesome but i dont have the money. Im looking into Sonar 8 but it seems that its more into vst instruments midi stuff and not into comfortable mixing and mastering which i need.So...um...Help
You can try out Reaper free for 30 days, after that a $60 user license is payable. It's an online download only - with a very active user community forum.

Easy to use, very comprehensive & the website is full of tutorials.

Sounds like it'll be able to deal with everything you want to do. Good luck.
Quote by Sandblast
You can try out Reaper free for 30 days, after that a $60 user license is payable. It's an online download only - with a very active user community forum.

Easy to use, very comprehensive & the website is full of tutorials.

Sounds like it'll be able to deal with everything you want to do. Good luck.

+1 i use reaper and its very usable. it has tons of build in effects and can handle as many midi and audio tracks your computer can take. it takes in full 24 bit quality sound and only cost 60$. plus theres a lot of people that use it so i highly suggest it.
I agree, reaper's king inder the under-€300 price range. However delays due to having a lot of effects are due to your pc being to slow, not the software. I can't see it being too much of a problem though - so what if there's a pause after you hit the play button?