The separation you get on a 50s or 60s Les Paul or Strat make them my favourite guitars tbh.

If not them, then something like Tyler, Anderson or maybe Suhr would be considered to have the highest consistent quality build and sound.
Please dont make another thread like this. Im getting tired of every fanboy on the site arguing over whether Epiphone sucks or Ibanez sucks or Gibson sucks or Dean Sucks, etc, etc, etc.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Please dont make another thread like this. Im getting tired of every fanboy on the site arguing over whether Epiphone sucks or Ibanez sucks or Gibson sucks or Dean Sucks, etc, etc, etc.

Compared to a handbuilt custom-made electric, pretty much everything sucks.
ibanez,gibson,yamaha and fender

worse makes jackson and legacy

for acoustics martin and taylor

obviously everyone has different opinions and i predict a flame war in this thread
the one that suits me best
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by VanTheKraut

i dont want ppl to say what sucks, i want to say what they like and why, its just a topic to talk about
Quote by ibanezgod1973
ibanez,gibson,yamaha and fender

worse makes jackson and legacy

for acoustics martin and taylor

obviously everyone has different opinions and i predict a flame war in this thread

yamaha, better than jackson??

>.>
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Ibanez for me, Every Ibanez I've ever tried I've loved infact both of the Ibanez' I own I didn't plan to go into buy either of them, I went in for something completely different. Both times I went into to try either a jackson Dinky and the other time was an RR3, and both times I walked out with an Ibanez. I just love the necks and sounds on them. Worse make for me has to be BC Rich.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
My favorite would be the Gibson Les Paul Standard. Followed closely by the Fender Strat. Simply because of the number of artists and recordings they appear on and the influence they have had on electric guitars.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
yamaha, better than jackson??

>.>

everything is better than jackson even a shoebox with a elastic band round it is better than jackson
It's all speculative, threads like this are pointless
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Pack Leader. (google it)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Archieisted
i dont want ppl to say what sucks, i want to say what they like and why, its just a topic to talk about

yeah but there's always gonna be some idiots who reply to someone who said "fender are the best imo" with something like "fender r lame ESP pwnz fendr into da gruond!!!"

also, how many people are going to shout out the brand name of the guitar they own, to try to look cool?

although i feel that from a neutral perspective, when it comes to production models, gibson once were the best i think - having played a '53 les paul with a wrapover bridge and P-90s, i can tell you it was a fantastically well crafted, extremely high quality instrument, that was a dream to play and though i didn't get to plug it in i know how great it sounds from a bunch of records it was on (check out books are burning by XTC, the call/response solos at the end - the "woman tone" guitar is the les paul i'm talking about). and all the original pots, caps, switches etc still worked perfectly. the guitar has stood the test of time, for sure, and is no doubt as good as ever, if a little dented and scratched and green (early goltop finishes get a green tint to them over time due to the elements of copper in the gold paint used). i have played a couple of other vintage gibsons from the golden era, and they are just unbeatable - i have never played anything that matches them and i don't think i ever will - vintage fenders are put to shame i feel as i've never played a vintage fender that i'd consider worth having instead of a brand new one - modern fenders are better than vintage ones (also better than many modern gibsons!), but the modern gibsons can be a real letdown when you've played the earlier models.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
PRS.

Each instrument is visually a work of art, then the playability and sound of the guitar itself is virtually unbeatable. All instruments are built to the highest standards.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Gibson or Fender, then comes PRS. Though, I'd love to own one of those older Gibsons or Fenders (59 Les Paul in that sexy burst or a '57 Strat in 2 tone sunburst or white blonde).

Why, you ask?

Because Gibson and Fender are always copy. in all these other guitars you have "Strat shaped" "Les Paul shaped" "SG shaped' Telecaster shaped" etc. They're the pioneers of how things should look. Strats are one of the simplest instruments ever made. Completely customizable and easy to fix.

I agree with Vauxite. PRS is definitely a work of art.
Quote by King85
It's all speculative, threads like this are pointless

its just discussion to talk about what makes guitars great
Quote by ibanezgod1973
everything is better than jackson even a shoebox with a elastic band round it is better than jackson

Seriously a USA or even MIJ Jackson shits all over it's competitors.
Quote by blue_strat
Compared to a handbuilt custom-made electric, pretty much everything sucks.

Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ

rhythm in jump, dancing close to you.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yup. That there is custom and hand made.

I prefer Gibsons.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Gibsons, Fenders and Ibanezes. I love them all.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I say Jackson and PRS. Jackson USA production line is incredible, and the CS is the sex. PRS, well it's obvious why I put them there.

To the Ibanez fanboy who's been bashing Jackson, have you ever tried a USA model?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate