I wanna be able to switch between Standard and Drop C tuning without standard being too stiff (My fret hand is not really strong. So I don't want tight strings) and drop c being too loose.

You think the Ernie Ball Slinky top/Heavy bottom set (10-52) would be nice? If not, what gauge would I wanna go for?

Need an answer ASAP. Thanks!
there exactly the same strins i used for doing the exact same thing lol. There great for drop C and good for standard although they are tighter. I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys now and they are the best for standard IMO and they are pretty decent in drop C. Hell, there good in drop B lol. Which would you play more with? Standard or drop C?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
10-46 shud be perfect. 52 iis gonna make standard wayy too stiff. i use 11-50 for drop c so 10-46 shud be good to alternate between the 2
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
10's or 11's should be fine.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
10's or 11's should be fine.

I use Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (11-48) and I use them for Standard, D Standard and Drop C.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I have Ernie ball Coated Regular Slinky 3121 (10-46) and they're great.

Are the differences between the non-coated and coated worth the extra $5?

-------

I play in Standard more, but I wanna diversify and be able to play heavier music by Killswitch Engage, SOAD, that kind of stuff.
Last edited by Stumonkie at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by TheOpenMind
I use Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (11-48) and I use them for Standard, D Standard and Drop C.

How's the tightness when tuned to Standard? I haven't played in months and my hands are pretty weak now.
Quote by TheOpenMind

+1
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
10-46 shud be perfect. 52 iis gonna make standard wayy too stiff. i use 11-50 for drop c so 10-46 shud be good to alternate between the 2

52 is actually really not that stiff at all. I use 10-52's in standard, and they are perfect.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.