So I'm already down to the last of my summer paycheck money, being about $150. I've come to face one of the more difficult decisions of my life. Earlier this summer, I acquired an upright bass. The thing is, the strings that were on it were unraveling at the bridge. I looked into some strings, and the cost is about $170 for the strings I need.

However, today I looked on craigslist, and I found a Sansamp Tech 21 Bass Driver DI for $100. I have heard nothing about good things about it on this site, and harmony central, and local music store employees.

So, right now, it's either one or the other. As much as I'd love to be able to have a functional upright bass, this Sansamp is a one-time deal. Which should I choose?
can you get the sansamp and cheap out on the strings?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I would personally go for the sansamp.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
The Sansamp is an amazing deal, but I'm afraid that's a question only you know the answer to. Just ask yourself a quick question?
Do you actually need the pedal? If the answer is "no, but I want it", you need to think about how often it's actually gonna get used. If the answer is more than you use the double bass, then you're cool. Yes, i am aware I'm stating the obvious, but considering I know nothing about you that's all I can do.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
why are the strings $170?

EDIT: *googles double bass strings* * shits toffee*

I think you should get the strings. there's no point having that massive thing taking up all that space and not getting used.
Last edited by jimRH7 at Aug 15, 2009,
I just sent an email for the Sansamp, I'll save up weekend job money for strings. Thanks for the input everybody.