I was in Guitar Center about six months ago and over heard a salesman trying to talk a guy into buying a Les Paul. He was telling the guy that now was the best time to buy one because "Les Paul has one foot in the grave and when he dies the price of Les Paul guitars will double".
I personally do not like the sales tactics of any of the salesman that I have dealt with at Guitar center. The only reason I go is it's the only place I can try out many different types of gear and the price of their gear.
So what is your opinion of salesman at GC and do you think the passing of Les Paul will have any effect on the price of the guitars?
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Probably not much effect
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
they already cost a lot, the price will go up just a little bit im guessing.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
wel if they go dean/Dime and stuff than Yess,

but they already cost a fortune so I don't think it can go up anymore...
I hate the les paul design
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Tell me you didnt start crying in Guitar Center?

Idiots will still buy gibson les pauls because of the name regardless. Gibson and Fender are always better investments than other guitars than other brands because they have the biggest brand names. If you bought an 80s superstrat it would go down in price but my 80s fender strat has gone up in price.
Quote by Toast1337

depends sometimes they're sexy as hell and sometimes they make wanna puke...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I'd never buy one anyway. They are way overpriced as it is. If they go up in cost, hopefully no-one buys them, and the company bankrupts and the demise of the ****tiest guitar ever made will be apon us.
wow thats sad, les paul was the man who invented the electric guitar. The first model he made was the "les paul" shape, so it was named after him. He also was a really good guitar player. Still played weekly gigs before he died.
Whoa, that salesman was a douche.

I love Les Paul's, but alas I cannot afford one. Some day.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Did the price of lightbulbs increase when the inventor died? I doubt it...
Of course there will be people who raise the prices and sell the collectors items, but the popular models will still have blueprints etc, allowing cheap mass production... It's only the limited editions which become extortionate.

...That's how I think anyway.
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Last edited by CheeZey! at Aug 15, 2009,
that salesman should be fired...Instead of elaborating whats good about a Les Paul guitar he says something like that...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Serg1
Tell me you didnt start crying in Guitar Center?

Idiots will still buy gibson les pauls because of the name regardless. Gibson and Fender are always better investments than other guitars than other brands because they have the biggest brand names. If you bought an 80s superstrat it would go down in price but my 80s fender strat has gone up in price.

Ummm.... No... I know a ton of old 80's superstrats that are worth double what they were back then.
Quote by wizards?
Ummm.... No... I know a ton of old 80's superstrats that are worth double what they were back then.

No. Not the majority. Ive had a lot.
Quote by Toast1337

I actually love it for its looks.
But its not the easiest to play. e.g.-Heavy, poor access to higher frets.

I hate trying to bend at the 22nd fret while standing - Its impossible to reach, for me.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by roaddawg07
I was in Guitar Center about six months ago and over heard a salesman trying to talk a guy into buying a Les Paul. He was telling the guy that now was the best time to buy one because "Les Paul has one foot in the grave and when he dies the price of Les Paul guitars will double".
I personally do not like the sales tactics of any of the salesman that I have dealt with at Guitar center. The only reason I go is it's the only place I can try out many different types of gear and the price of their gear.
So what is your opinion of salesman at GC and do you think the passing of Les Paul will have any effect on the price of the guitars?

dont like any of them

asshole pricks
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by valdean
I think it's some baseball dude.

I thought that was Ron Paul.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by Born_to_shred
I thought that was Ron Paul.

Sure it's not John Paul?

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Billy Gibbons 'Pearly Gates' Les Paul Standard

$15,294

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
It's funny because the GC salesman was correct.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
If price goes up just buy an ESP Eclipse. In fact do it anyways, theyre better.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I cannot foresee Gibson increasing the price of one of their standard guitars. However, I can EASILY see them releasing a signature memorial Les Paul guitar.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Vauxite
Sure it's not John Paul?

Actually, upon further analysis, it might just be Sean Paul.

Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so