so i ahve an old yamaha portasound pss-20 keyboard from 1989 that i want to mod and do some fun sutff to, but i have absolutely no idea where to start.

Yes i do have experience with electronics, ive made circuits and stuff and im good with a soldering iron

so if anyone has done anything to this keyboard and can help me it would be muchly appreciated
It's unlikely you'll be able to do anything as it's not an analogue synthesiser. What did you want to do anyway?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
learn about circuit bending you might be able to do something, its real easy, just solder a switch on somthing and the other end somewhere else on the circuit and turn on the switch

I heard a modded FURBY that sounded better than a Line6 spider 3 like this
Quote by ferguson911
learn about circuit bending you might be able to do something, its real easy, just solder a switch on somthing and the other end somewhere else on the circuit and turn on the switch

I heard a modded FURBY that sounded better than a Line6 spider 3 like this

my backside can produce nicer tone than one of those anyway XD

on a more serious note, awesome furby mod :p
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by sylphin
my backside can produce nicer tone than one of those anyway XD

on a more serious note, awesome furby mod :p

Depends if your backside can play an F#
hmm circuit bending aye? ill have to give that ago.

any ideas what to look for when circuit bending something? so i dont fry the thing?
Quote by snouta
hmm circuit bending aye? ill have to give that ago.

any ideas what to look for when circuit bending something? so i dont fry the thing?

it wont ''fry'' it just might produce strange sounds most of the time

just try it on an old alarm clock or something
hmm sweet as, thanks
ill give it a go and report back with any findings