Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty sure I'll get made fun of for this and get lots of laughs, but i need serious help. I wanted to look of an Xbox 360 Elite, but didn't want to void my warranty by taking it apart and painting it. Instead, i let a streak of genius show through and bought a huge freaking industrial sharpie and colored the whole thing black. It didn't really look too bad (especially in the dark, lol), but now i'm sick of it. I want ot off, but it has had much time to dry and be worn in. I have tried tons of stuff that takes it of, but just not enough of it. I have tried pretty much everything. Toothpaste, bleach, isopropal alcohol, multiple cleaning solutions, peroxide, paint thinner, baby oil, spray deodorant, and even things such as sandpaper and scraping. While the sandpaper and scraping worked, i don't want to scratch my Xbox all up, plus it doesn't take it ALL off and smudges what it doesn't take off. I had stickers on before the sharpie episode and took those off, so i also have big spots of white. Does anyone have SOMETHING that will work for me? There are two more things i know of that i haven't had a chance to try which are a Mr. Clean magic eraser and coloring it with a dry erase marker and wiping that off. PLEASE HELP!
you ****ed it up.. better deal with it before you screw it up even more

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Shamwows work on anything!

You'll say, "Wow!" every time!
Last edited by toxictaipan at Aug 15, 2009,
Did any of those cleaning solutions affect the original paint?
Anything that will dissolve permanent marker ink will probably also affect the original paint, unless it's the plastic that's a certain colour.

Try acetone, but it might mess up the plastic.

EDIT: actually a lot of paint thinners are acetone based, so if that didn't work (which is odd) you're Phucked.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 15, 2009,
googone but it probably wont work.. seriously though.. you pretty much voided the warranty when you started trying to get everything off..
either way its bad - i dont know animals

[Try white permanent marker or lemon juice maybe.]
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Quote by ilovepepsi
sperm.

I heard that the substance above is a cure for many cleaning problems... It also works wonders for painting a wall a beautiful off-white color.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Go over it with a whiteboard marker, then wipe it off. Repeat until your Xbox is white again. Old school teacher's trick.

You may never get it perfect again because the surface isn't smooth, but you'll get it close at least. You may need a damp cloth to get all the whiteboard marker ink off, it'll take at least 3-5 tries, maybe more by the sound of it.
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
WD40. I've yet to find something it can't do.

Home abortions?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

it's permanent. Forever.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
Well, that would require a funnel.

Or one of those long applicator tubes that the cans come with

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

buy a cheap, broken x-box off e-bay ? and replace the caps

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

throw it out the window, the marker should come off then.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
If you were able to get it off, then it wouldn't be permanent would it? And if you COULD get it off, then we'd be working on a way to sue the company for lying to ya.

Also stop tryna be a wigga, if your white, deal with it, dont try be black, it always turn out quite weird and no matter how hard you try, once you go black, theres no going back.
Quote by imdeth
see, you would have never got this problem if you had purchased a Wii.

Then he would have the problem of having a terrible console
Quote by imdeth
see, you would have never got this problem if you had purchased a Wii.

Because he never wuda used it
Use fine sand paper to remove the black, then use wet and dry paper to remove the scratches.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Go over all the areas with a Dry Erase marker(s) and wipe away the area. Rinse and Repeat.
You're welcome.

Edit: You should have tried this before sandpaper
Last edited by Daftendire at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by imdeth
Just wait for the Metroid Prime pack

You do realise how long ago the console came out right?
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
BEER. I've yet to find something it can't do.

Fixed ;]
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Just leave it alone before you cause anymore damage TS.

If that isn't an option there's always this.....

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
There's a reason it's called permanent marker.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
There's a reason it's called permanent marker.

Then that's false advertising, because it can be easily taken off
I thought this was going to be a "I got drunk and passed out. Then my friends drew on me." thread.

And to TS. I wish i had the time to worry about something a meaningless as the appearance of an Xbox. Now if you passed out and your friends drew on you with a magic marker i could care a tad. Only cause that would of been funny.
Page 1 of 2