Hi all,

I'm really interested in buying a Dean 'From Hell' CFH guitar to play mainly metal but was wondering if there's any alternatives i should be looking into for the same sort of price or less??? It costs about £650 ($1050).
If you want an ML, don't buy a Dimebag series. All Dean is doing is cashing in on his death and it's disgusting. The QC is sub-par and you're basically paying for the name.

Look into a new amp. Your Les Paul can do metal just fine.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
If you're getting an ML, get the Dean ML '79. All Dean is doing is exactly what the poster above me said.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
Quote by Colgate Total
If you want an ML, don't buy a Dimebag series. All Dean is doing is cashing in on his death and it's disgusting. The QC is sub-par and you're basically paying for the name.

Look into a new amp. Your Les Paul can do metal just fine.

So can the AVT, tbh. Personally, with that gear my upgrade path would be good cab > new amp > new guitar. AVTs sound much better through decent speakers then through their stock speakers.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Cheaper option: Put some EMGs or high gain pickups in your Epi.

I wouldn't buy a new guitar with your current rig....annoying as it is to hear again, a new amp is the right choice.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by Colgate Total
The ML 79 as stated above. The ATF3000 looks like it would be worth a gander.

+1 to this, they're better than the Dime series guitars IMO, but if you really want to get a Dime sig, look for one of the Washburns
Last edited by higgins666 at Aug 15, 2009,
79 series. My silverburst is a really nice guitar at a good price.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by philm87
the AVT is a combo.

So's mine. It also has a cab out.

You run it through a 2x12 with decent speakers for a few weeks/months until you got enough for a decent head. The new speakers will fix the muddiness/flubby low end and make it passable for metal. Then you buy a new head when you know exactly what you want tonewise.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I would they are great guitars, Tho UG is not Dean friendly and is very confused with the razorback thing thinking there are dozens of models but only in reality there are only 6 and dozens of paint themes that either dime came up with or members of his estate, the 79 is ok but to me the quality was not that great but I only got to try out maybe 7-8 of em and they were all trash but then again the store could have had a stock of bad apples.

I have a razorback V and its one of the best guitars I have ever played in my 20 years of playing 2nd only to my schecter loomis c7fr. I only had to change the LFR to a OFR and the neck PU to a jb59 although its a metal guitar its very capable of playing blues, jazz, classical. Now i mentioned schecter and if anything away from your interest i would try those I have not found a poor quality schecter tho the necks are a little fat but not LP fat. In the end it just comes down to what feels good to you not us that being said try every guitar in your price range at your local music shop never know I despise Ibanez but you may find one thats perfect to you.

The smart choice is you have a good guitar ATM so like another suggested you should buy a nice tube amp and worry about a new guitar after that.
Yes, buy a nice cab with V30s or other high-end speakers, or get a new amp altogether.
But if you really want a new guitar I would go for the FBD Tribute ML, but that's just me.
Last edited by TheOpenMind at Aug 15, 2009,
I also want a flatter neck which is more suitable to the quicker playing, which my Epi isn't.