I went to Progressive Nation 09 at Bell Centre in Montreal and i think all the bands were really good. So I wanted to hear your comments about the tour with Dream Theater, Zappa plays Zappa, Big Elf and Scale the Summit.

I only want to add one comment...First the playlist of the show was awesome and they finished the show with The Count of Tuscany.....I believe that's the most beautiful thing i've ever heard in my life...i sang all the song and i almost cried...it was so freakin awesome...

So please post your comments about the tour
I am hoping to go this year in October when it comes to england Dream Theater and Opeth are two of my favourite ever bands
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I missed everything before Zappa Plays Zappa, but them and Dream Theater were both excellent.
Those who call me avatar, knows not what they're looking for...
Im disappointed that Beardfish and Pain of Salvation both had to pull out from the tour. I love both of those bands!
I went to the Boston show.

Scale the Summit was amazing skill-wise, but they need to work on their songwriting, it's very repetitive.

Big Elf was awesome, sort of a blend between Deep Purple and Pink Floyd. I found them to be shockingly good.

Zappa Plays Zappa was mind blowing, I would go see them on a headlining tour they were absolutely ridiculous.

Dream Theater of course was fan ****ing tastic. The set list was awesome, The Dance of Eternity, In the Name of God, and Count of Tuscany were my favorites. My only complaint was that they only played for a little under 2 hours. I really want them to come back again for a full headlining tour with maybe just Zappa Plays Zappa, or ideally, no opener and just like 5 hours of straight Dream Theater awesomeness.
I saw them at Asheville, NC. I have to second what njm0830 said, Scale the Summit was nice if you wanted to go see someone show off etudes they have composed. For Dream Theater out of the three that njm0830 they only played Count of Tuscany....but they played for 2h 45m...so they have not played the other two but it sounds like they played more...when they played Erotomania that was possibly the tightest they played...which is hard to say because they played flawlessly. Also I have a few tour DVDs and on those James' voice sounded all messed up and I hadn't heard anything of it since but when they came out and he sang I was pleased that he got his voice back. I am obsessed with DT
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Quote by njm0830
I went to the Boston show.

Scale the Summit was amazing skill-wise, but they need to work on their songwriting, it's very repetitive.

Big Elf was awesome, sort of a blend between Deep Purple and Pink Floyd. I found them to be shockingly good.

I agree with this. I went to the LA show in the Greek Theater and i thought scale of the summit was repetitive. And I thonk Big Elf had a little Black Sabbath mixed in there haha.

It was an AWESOME show. A drummer from every band played on dream theater's drums and they had 4 people on one drum set playing. Then they did Zappa and Petrucci together and with no one knowing they said "Ladies and gentlemen Steve Vai" and all 3 of the guys were playing.

It was amazing
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
I came all in my pants when they played The Count of Tuscany... It was awesome...

You're not the only one...

I found big elf to be very repetitive. That and they sounded like a Sabbath and Floyd ripoff band. Not to hate on them or anything, but they stole a riff or two from Iommi and some of the keyboard work was almost exactly like a few keys parts off of some old Floyd records.

They were alright though, they could banter with the crowd pretty well which I liked.

The rest of the show was amazing, I went out and bought both Scale the Summit records the day after and was blown away by Zappa and Dream Theater.
i'm trying to buy a ticket to the Dream Theater concert in Hamburg,Germany, but i don't know if theres any age limit for it, does anyone know if it is 18+ or anything like that
Join the Guitar Religion
Scale the Summit was the reason I even bought tickets. The whole band is extremely talented and just an awesome bunch of guys.
Bigelf was awful.
Zappa was fantastic as well. I love seeing Frank's legacy continued.
I walked out on Dream Theater. Four songs in and I couldn't take it anymore. I love DT, but it got far to boring.