Hi everyone,
i have recently got a stratocaster copy, and i was just wondering either how to bend the trem back so it makes a higher noise, or if i could buy another bridge, and fit it to this current guitar that bends back.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
i'm pretty sure strat bridges only go down... and the only bridge you can get to go up is a floyd style one

and if you were to do this, you would have to carve out wood, which wouldn't be a good idea unless you are experienced with this kind of stuff
Well, depending on the kind of trem really, I know the two post trems on strats can pull up a wee bit, but its much more likely that you have a vintage trem, so yeash, the only real otion would be to carve out material, which honestly, won't be too hard if you have any woodworking experience.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
damn, i really want to be able to bend my trem back like herman li! :-)
Vintage has 6 screws the other has 2. If its a 2 screw many times you can adjust it to float but its not gonna have the range or tuning stability a FR or other double locking trem will have. If you want to play like herman li your gonna want a guitar w that style trem.
Quote by jacko552
so are floyd rose the only tremolo makers that have this capability?

TremKing.

Best Trem out there bar none. Not quite as much movement as an FR, but you can't have it all.

Pretty much slots straight in to a strat
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by jacko552
damn, i really want to be able to bend my trem back like herman li! :-)

This has to be spam! lol

And a floyd isn't the only type of trem that can raise the pitch...
Aww, wow so i could just get a tremking and put it straight in2 my strat?
Quote by jacko552
Aww, wow so i could just get a tremking and put it straight in2 my strat?

You wouldn't have the same range that Herman Li can get
what does he have does anyone know? And also the tremking is about £70, which is nearly as much as i bought my guitar for
Quote by jacko552
what does he have does anyone know? And also the tremking is about £70, which is nearly as much as i bought my guitar for

Herman Li's new guitar uses the Ibanez Edge Zero bridge...
Quote by jacko552

A decent FR will cost you more than that. Much, much more.

Where are you seeing the Tremking for £70 anyway? It's about $160 which isn't £70 any more!
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
is there a special name for tremolo arms like the floyd rose, trem king or ibanez edge types?
Quote by jacko552
is there a special name for tremolo arms like the floyd rose, trem king or ibanez edge types?

Yeah an it isn't Tremolo. It's Vibrato.

You say you don't care about brand names, which is fine, but do you care about quality? Tuning stability? etc?

If you buy a sh!t FR copy, expect problems. I am sure some of the guys on here can recommend an inexpensive but good one, like the Gotoh.

If you have a look on WD Music, I can do you 20% off of those prices as you are in the UK.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Regular strat trems, two point trems etc are all Floating Trems.

You can set them up so that they balance against spring and string tension.

They will give you a bit of back, but mainly forward.

An FR will give you more of each.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by jacko552
ok, and when you talked about a 20% discount. well, how?

Well. I am not a shop so don't expect to treat me like one, but I have an arrangement (see my sig) with certain outlets.

So, you tell me what YOU want (not what I think you should have), you pay me and I get it and send it to you with 20% off of the listed price.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by jacko552
oh yeah, didnt see your sig :-p

Subtle isn't it...like my Avatar.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
i think ill leave it to be honest, it would require cutting up my guitar, and i just dont want to risk it, but thanks everyone for all of your help