So how many of you are going to school for music related jobs, or currently work?

I am going to new england institute of art in boston for audio production. i want to specialize in recording.

how about you guys?
i love your avatar.

Playing in a band is going to be my fail safe if i **** up in college. But no music degree for me.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Quote by BruceWillisman
Playing in a band is going to be my fail safe if i **** up in college.

I don't see your logic
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'm going to the institute of contemporary music performance in london to study guitar.
Quote by homeless-john
Shouldn't it be the other way about?

Nope.
Surviving off of a job that requires a degree > Surviving off of a Band

But thats just me.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
im going to college for recording technology.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i want to be successful.

This. I prefer a house over a cardboard box.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
imma go to a tech/college to do a ND in music.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by JuanArg
Not much of a Pit Monkey, but I'm in the process to become a Music Therapist

I'm in the same boat as you.

well I want to be one when I'm older.
Quote by yeoman125
I'm going to the institute of contemporary music performance in london to study guitar.

LOL SAME SEE YOU THERE

im so goin for a music degree. i dwell in the pit.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
I'm just gonna go to college and University for music, then do whatever I can do be in a band................
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
i'm hopefully heading off to Leeds Metropolitan University to study Music Production after i finish my A levels
hopefully i'll be able to do soemthing music related in my life, whether thats playing in a band for a living or working as a sound engineer/producer
of course, failing that i'll just sell my soul to the Disney Channel much like the Jonas Brothers haha
I'm going to be studying music at University next year but I'm going to be studying other things as well. I'm considering a double major. That way I can still enjoy tons of music studies, but then I can learn something that will actually get me a job too.
I work part time for Bridlington Spa Theatre as a general cleaner / slave, but perks of the job is you can watch the band for a while!

Oasis are playing next thursday.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I'm headed to university to study physics, so that might lead to the physics of sound...or not to music at all. I plan on continuing to play in the band I've been in for nearly three years now, and hopefully getting somewhere with that.
Music is something i want to do in my spare time. If what I do get's big enough, then yes I will follow it all the way. I am not setting out to find musical fame, no.
Quote by ibrahimasood
I'm in the same boat as you.

well I want to be one when I'm older.

You'll really like it. I have 2 years left and then to improvise with crazy ass mofos woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm gonna study to become an electrical engineer. But eventually, I'd like to become a Recording Engineer.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.