I just revieved my Stetsbar T style model and am in the process of installing it. However, I have one problem... How do I install the neck shim? The booklet says "With the thin side facing forward" But that isn't clear. Should it go towards the bridge or headstock? And yes I have emailed the site about this matter but perhaps I could get an answer quicker here.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I believe it's with the thinner side facing the hheadstock so that your neck is angled back.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Are you sure about that? I don't want to install it wrong, Just want to make sure.
Always tin your strings.

_____

worst case you just take off the neck and spin it 180 degrees... not that bad. you'll know if it's wrong.
------

Shwiggity.
Just don't glue it in or anything. I'm almost positive it's there to angle the neck back. Having a neck angled forward won't help anything.

Heh, Gluing it never crossed my mind. By the way, I wouldn't be able to just "Spin it 180 degrees" Because the holes aren't pre drilled in the shim. If I drilled the holes the wrong way they wouldn't alingn the other way. Now that I look at it on paper it makes sense to put the thin side towards the headstock but I think I might wait for the email from Stetsbar support.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Why do you need to shim it anyway? I thought the Stets replaced the Tele bridge. Did you try it with just the bridge and no shim? Try it and see if it works first.

Well my question has been answered by Eric Stets himself, I had to put the shim with the thin side facing the headstock. I have both the Stetsbar and neck shim installed now, I just need to set it up.

Oh and the bridge does replace the old one, Some of the Stetsbars require you to remove the neck and put a shim in the neck pocket for neck height though. You also need to drill the holes in the shim and perhaps file it to be smaller so it doesn't overhang on the sides of the neck pocket. It depends on the guitar.
Always tin your strings.

_____