I'm thinking of buying a Dual Rectifier that is a little older but in great condition, one of the older 2 channel models. I've heard that these ones are just as good if not better as the new mesa's but I can't decide. anyone know if there is a huge difference between them or if its negligible? I know it has 3 channels and a couple other features that I don't probably need. also, why don't the dual rec's have reverb?? that friggin blows... I don't want to spend another hundred bucks on a reverb when I just bought a friggin half stack...
I heard the old dual recs are better than the newer ones.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I have played both, and yes, I prefer the older 2 ch. ones. ONly downside is that you lose a channel, however they make up for it with more agressiveness, tighter bottom end, and pure tone. In fact, I am fairly confident that the Randall MTS Recto modules are modeled after 2 channels, and that's why I now own an RM100
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
The 2 channels are much better IMO. The cleans aren't quite as good, but the distortion channel is awesome.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The old ones are awesome. I played a roadster the other day, not bad, but i could never seen the need for 4 channels.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
The old ones are awesome. I played a roadster the other day, not bad, but i could never seen the need for 4 channels.

The first clean channel overdrives more than the second, the overdrive is pathetic and weak, only Channels 2 and 4 are needed.