Ok, so I am planning ahead for the future(cause i may have a job very soon) and i just want your opinions on some things. I am looking into getting a new guitar and a new amp.
Guitars
Fender Deluxe Nashville Tele- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-Series-Nashville-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-510067-i1146266.gc

Gibson Faded SG- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-102935921-i1149235.gc

BTW, if i got the SG i would replace the 490T with a 498T.

Amps
Granger H50- http://grangeramp.com/h50.php

Marshall Vintage Modern 2266- http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=1760&CategoryID=

Comments, opinions, or other suggestions very welcomed!
Don't get the Gibson Faded SG. Those things play horrrrrrrrible. If you really want an SG that has a pretty Gibson nametag, save up and get the Classic 60s SG or whatever it's called. That guitar has a neck like greased up butter.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
Don't get the Gibson Faded SG. Those things play horrrrrrrrible. If you really want an SG that has a pretty Gibson nametag, save up and get the Classic 60s SG or whatever it's called. That guitar has a neck like greased up butter.

I guess that's your opinion... but the Faded SG I used to have played better than my SG Standard. I agree, the '61 Reissue is the best playing, but it also costs 3 times as much...

TS: What genres are you playing?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm not really a tele fan, but I like the nashville. Great guitar.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Sorry, for got my genres! I play psychedelic(mostly-quicksilver messenger service, hendrix, tame impala, radio moscwo, wolfmother, etc), blues, indie, and just straight up classic rock(mostly- zeppelin, santana, the beatles, and early ac/dc(bon scott days)) Also, what about the amps. I love them both....
I've been disappointed in every Gibson faded SG and Les Paul I've ever picked up. If it were any other brand, they would never get away with selling something like that for $700-800 or more. I tried three different faded SGs at Guitar Center, and every one of them was pathetic. The frets were sloppier on all three than on the $150 Epiphone SG Special I started with. There's just no good reason at all that these guitars should be so expensive. It's a Slab of unremarkable mahogany, no fancy woodwork, absolutely horrible finishing and fretwork, and they charge $700 for it because it says Gibson on it.
You'll probably want humbuckers to nail some of those sounds (AC/DC, Zeppelin, Santana, Wolfmother) but further on down the line you could get both, I guess.

And out of those two, I'd go for the Granger, but by all means, try them both out. Also check out the Budda Superdrive series, or a used JCM 800.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ok, then what about the Tele? AND THE AMPS?

EDIT: I can try the vintage modern out, but not the granger.... also, if i got the tele, my friend and i would put a switch under each pickup that would control if i was using it or not, so i could use every combination of pickups. I threw the SG in there because i like the feel A WHOLE lot and i am an SG *****....
Last edited by epiphonesg94 at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by VoodooCow229

Horrible advice. The thing that is wrong with the SG Fadeds are the setup and pickups. I bought mine a few years back and for the first few months, hated it. I played an Epiphone SG that sounded and felt better. I decided to get it set up and swap out the pickups. DAYUMM. Gibson can't set up a guitar for **** but after it's done, no sg topped mine for the price.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."