I'm going to try and sell my Crate V33 on eBay. I only use it for bedroom practice and its just way too loud. I still have 4 years left on the warranty and I want to know, would I be able to transfer that to a buyer...?

I would also like to ask, does anyone have any experience with using a warranty..? I'd like to take it to a music shop (yes they deal crate) and get the tubes swapped for free before I sell it. Is it as easy as walking in with the amp and paper...?

Thanks for any advice.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
in my experience vacuum tubes aren't covered under the warranty, since they're expected 'wear and tear' like guitar strings etc. (even if the tubes go in a week ) though this could easily vary between different places

for warranty issues you should take it to where you bought it as that shop will usually deal with the warranty, any claims you make they would pay for and then make a claim to crate covering them, you'll need the invoice from your purchase with you most likely

you might want to check with the place you bought it from as to whether the warranty is transferable or not
I bought it online, but there is a shop in town that deals crate, I'll go talk to the guy there. I actually just sent an e-mail to crate asking if the warranty can be transferred. Just waiting for their reply.
If its an extended warranty its probably not thru crate. Usually a third party does the extended stuff many times they arent transferable. And its very unlikely your gonna get some free tubes.
If its an extended warranty its probably not thru crate. Usually a third party does the extended stuff many times they arent transferable. And its very unlikely your gonna get some free tubes.

Your right, its from LOUD which appears to be the father company of Crate.

Ok, I took the time to actually read the warranty. (Wow that helps!)

It says this:
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser and to anyone who may subsequently purchase this product within the applicable warranty period. A copy of the original sale receipt is required to obtain warranty repairs.

So it appears to me, I can give a buyer the warranty if I include my original receipt.

Problem is... The warranty says to obtain service, ship the product to them in the original shipping carton, which I no longer have... So they seriously wont service it if its packed up all nice and safe, but not in the original box...?

One last thing, it also says the warranty will not be recognized if inspection seals are defaced. Back when I first got the amp, I was taking out screws in order to pull the amp itself out of the chassis so I could easily swap tubes. In my first attempt I took out the wrong screws and instead pulled off a back cover exposing the amp's guts. Is it likely that I broke an inspection seal..?

Darn, I just really would like to include the warranty in my sale.
You should be able to send it in any box, but you usually call or email them for return authorization. Basically, you just tell them that you have something to send in for warranty, and they assign your amp an ID code or number. They'll either send you a label to put on the box, or just give you a number to write on it. It just makes it easier for them to track what's coming in, who it belongs to, etc. The inspection seals, I'm not so sure about. Usually it's like a sticker that's supposed to keep you from opening the amp up without breaking or removing it. If you just took the amp out of the cabinet, you might not have done anything, it just depends on where the seal is.
They use the "inspection seal" so they know if someone got inside before sending it in for warranty. It could be a sticker or something hidden that they would know if the chassis has been removed. No telling where or what it actually is. Taking the chassis out might be all it takes to void the warranty. They dont want someone to get in there and do something deliberately then send it back in saying it broke for no reason I want a new 1. Yea it happens been several threads on UG about "how I can tear up my amp so I can get a new 1".

If all you need is the original receipt for repairs then your cool. Still doesnt mean they will honor it. Its why most of these extended warranties are a waste as they put alot of effort into finding ways they can decline a repair. Remember they dont make money if they actually fix your amp, they make money by not fixing it.