Out of the songs listed which ones would make a good 4-5 song setlist and in wat order?

these are the song everyone in my band learned

Know Your Enemy Green Day
Gives You Hell The All-American Rejects
21 Guns Green Day
Anywhere But Here Safetysuit
Basket Case Green Day
Beverly Hills Weezer
Help Me Alkaline Trio
Wake Me Up When September Ends Green Day
Brain Stew Green Day
When I Come Around Green Day
I Fought The Law Green Day
Give Me Novacaine Green Day
No love Simple Plan
Save you Simple Plan
Island In The Sun Weezer
What I've Done Linkin Park
Your Guardian Angel The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Good Riddance Green Day
Stop & Stare OneRepublic
You're Beautiful James Blunt
One X Three Days Grace

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
it depends on the crowd you'll be playing to...you should try to do songs that aren't Green Day's.
if anything:
-Stop & Stare
-Save you
-What i've done
-You're Beautiful

\opinions-respect 'em/
i think your band needs to find a sound...if you play linkin park and james blunt in the same preformance the audience will just be confused
Quote by FTR720
i think your band needs to find a sound...if you play linkin park and james blunt in the same preformance the audience will just be confused

Roffle! I wholeheartedly agree with that!

What kind of audience or sound are you going for?
I'd do the following.

Basket Case

Beverly Hills

What I've Done

Gives You Hell

Never mind the haters, Cover bands can draw some crowds with the right set list. I'd get some more versitility with some stuff like Oasis, Sum 41, FOB, and Nirvana. I like those 4 though, they shoud suit you well. Gives you hell is a great closer.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
JMR
I won't deny that cover bands can draw a crowd, that is obvious. People, penguins, or lemmings, will all jump off the same cliff. At least penguins shove one over to see if an Orca is out there first. The point is, covers are fine, but most cover bands are trying to sound just like the band they are covering. To me that's dead boring. Most cover bands I've seen, play to the LCD(lowest common denominator), which is fine, but I will probably leave after a few songs.

I don't know how far back you guys go with RHCP, but long ago, and far away, they did a great cover of a Hank Williams tune, "Why Don't You Love Me(like you used to do)". They did not try to copy Williams. They made it theirs. When we covered, we tried to do the same. Just to give you a laugh, we did "Steppin' Stone", by the Monkees.

Back OT, we really can't tell you what you're set list should be, that's up to you. That's part of your job description. Besides, axeman will probably shut it, and refer you to the sticky.
My band turns EVERY cover we do into our own style, we mess around with the chords to give it them some new life and stuff as well, and I don't know about everyone elses bands, but we never copy solos, we improvise them.

Unless it's more like a riff (like the "solo" in Gives You Hell which goes for like 5 seconds), then we'll improvise.
Sorry King. I'm up late.

I'm glad you do what you do. The thing is, I look at other threads, and I constantly see questions about: What pedals, guitar, amp, etc., do I need to sound like X(X=Player they want to cover). I call Bovine Scatology. I understand that as you are learning how to play, there is a desire to emulate the players that awe you. I just see so many people who get stuck there. I hate to admit it, but I know guys My age who are still covering The Allman Brothers Band, and think Dickey Betts rules. Okay, fine. Yes, they get gigs.

Honestly, for as long as I've been at it , I should be much better than I am, but at least I'm not stuck in 1976. I could play "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed", or (Tied to the)Whippin' Post", when I was 15. So what? That was how I learned, but I didn't stay there. I'm happy to know that you and others are going beyond that mentality. You have to remember, sometimes TX, can be a bit "slow".
Quote by chokmool
JMR
I won't deny that cover bands can draw a crowd, that is obvious. People, penguins, or lemmings, will all jump off the same cliff. At least penguins shove one over to see if an Orca is out there first. The point is, covers are fine, but most cover bands are trying to sound just like the band they are covering. To me that's dead boring. Most cover bands I've seen, play to the LCD(lowest common denominator), which is fine, but I will probably leave after a few songs.

I don't know how far back you guys go with RHCP, but long ago, and far away, they did a great cover of a Hank Williams tune, "Why Don't You Love Me(like you used to do)". They did not try to copy Williams. They made it theirs. When we covered, we tried to do the same. Just to give you a laugh, we did "Steppin' Stone", by the Monkees.

I agree, no offense intended. I do understand that styling is important. The covers that we get the best reception for are the ones that we have tweaked. I see what your sayin. My comments about about "Dont Sweat the Haters" were aimed at the folks bashing Green Day and what not.

I agree that cover bands can get boring, but its a great place to start. Gets the band in the pocket, gets the tunes tight. Originals are great to play, but how many people want to hear them? I guess it all boils down to what you really want to do. If you like playing to large crowds, you'll have to play covers and originals for a while, and the best cover bands have a very distinct styling. I always felt that oriiginals would come with time. Ours are coming slow, but were loving what we do. Were getting paid to do what we love, and playing beside one of the best bands in town for the next couple of weeks.

For those of you near Virgina, look up Snackbar Jones.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
JMR
I don't think I can be offended. Many have tried. You weren't out of line, in fact we agree. I have no problem with covers, it is some of the bands I can't stand