Hey guys,

I got a little valve amp and just now i switched it on. As I was going to put on the adaptator to switch on my distortion pedal (its a tube pedal with an adaptator) i suddenly heard a pop noise and then saw that my valve amp switched off?!!
It already happened once like 1 month ago and that time,I taught my amp blew up on me, but the next day it worked fine.

What was the problem? Was it maybe potentially dangerous for me (Could have i gotten a electrical discharge?). I must say that the amp is connected to a multiswitch (which in turn is connected to my PC and other appliances) and it seems that the multiswitch is a bit old and some of the insulation is gone. Is this maybe the problem?

Anyways. rock on!
Quote by ricv2106
Hey guys,

I got a little valve amp and just now i switched it on. As I was going to put on the adaptator to switch on my distortion pedal (its a tube pedal with an adaptator) i suddenly heard a pop noise and then saw that my valve amp switched off?!!
It already happened once like 1 month ago and that time,I taught my amp blew up on me, but the next day it worked fine.

What was the problem? Was it maybe potentially dangerous for me (Could have i gotten a electrical discharge?). I must say that the amp is connected to a multiswitch (which in turn is connected to my PC and other appliances) and it seems that the multiswitch is a bit old and some of the insulation is gone. Is this maybe the problem?

Anyways. rock on!

Buy a better power bar at your hardware store, and you should be fine, because that might the problem