Well in the last 24 hours I got 2 new guitars 2 new amps and a new pedal! I looked up guitars on craigslist and I seen this Schecter Tempest Custom and it was perfect I had to get it. So I met up with the guy got that for $350. Then I seen an ad for a garage sale with amps so I decided to check that out cause I needed one. In short I ended up getting...

Schecter Tempest Custom, in almost perfect condition w/ Duncan distortion humbuckers ($350)
Yamaha Acoustic guitar, in perfect condition ($15)
Digitech heavy metal distortion pedal (free with the yamaha)
38 watt Fender Frontman Reverb amp ($10)
Gorilla GG-25 watt amp ($9)

ALL in the last day!

Do I have a pretty decent set up now?

here is a pic of my stuff all I had was the squier and the SP-10 yesterday
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Last edited by colt34 at Aug 15, 2009,
Wow those are some sweet deals!

I should go to more garage sales :P

Congrats
Amazing! Like holy crap! I wish I had garage sales like that in my area.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
1)sell the frontman and gorilla and digitech for a profit.
2)Get a nice amp.
3) ???
4) Profit with grate tonez.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
Quote by fishermanbob
1)sell the frontman and gorilla and digitech for a profit.
2)Get a nice amp.
3) ???
4) Profit with grate tonez.

the schecter sounds amazing on the fender. Isn't the frontman a pretty nice amp though? They also had a Line six huge amp there, prolly 3 feet tall 4' wide for $35 but i didn't have the money.
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Quote by colt34
the schecter sounds amazing on the fender. Isn't the frontman a pretty nice amp though? They also had a Line six huge amp there, prolly 3 feet tall 4' wide for $35 but i didn't have the money.

no.

but what do i know i play a line 6

happy new stuff day.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
nice deals, but no it's not a decent setup imo
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by colt34

Not horrible but not great i guess. Alright for a practice amp, and as long as you think it sounds good, it doesn't really matter what other people think, does it?

Also the Line 6 wouldn't have been much of an improvement either.
The shecter is a pretty good guitar. The amps and such... not so much, but for those prices you sure as hell can't complain.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by colt34

Frontman? Nice? I'm actually ready to give mine away if CL keeps not letting me post for some strange reason.

Actually, I may not be giving it quite enough credit. It's a decent amp for practice, but if you actually want above-par tone, I'd suggest trading/selling it.
Quote by colt34

frontman and the majority of line 6 practice amps are utter ****e.

IMO sell the amps and pedal for a better amp.

Shecter is nice though, HNGD
Heck its sure a step up from the SP-10! Oh and I guess its just fifteen watt. 38 is the cunsumption. How much could I sell em for you think?

Quote by colt34
Heck its sure a step up from the SP-10! Oh and I guess its just fifteen watt. 38 is the cunsumption. How much could I sell em for you think?

Oh yeah, its a step up, which is good. Sorry, didn't wanna sound rude in above post. But just don't think that because it has more watts its better (although it technically is in this case but still )
Quote by Lollage123
Oh yeah, its a step up, which is good. Sorry, didn't wanna sound rude in above post. But just don't think that because it has more watts its better (although it technically is in this case but still )

Nah its okay! I'm new, don't know what I'm talkin about. What do you suggest I buy with the money? How much do you think I could get for them? And I can spend more too, I got spare cash.

I went to like 12 garage sales today... Not even a guitar pick was found but I'm really digging the schecter, HNGD man
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
You got a heavy metal distortion pedal for free with a classic acoustic guitar?

Anyway nice buy! Enjoy the new gear!
Quote by Azunaii
You got a heavy metal distortion pedal for free with a classic acoustic guitar?

Anyway nice buy! Enjoy the new gear!

They had electric guitar stuff too, both were $20 got em for 15

And I don't think I can sell that pedal, it sounds so awesome with the frontman and my schecter!

take the amps and pedals to GC and trade em in, then use whatever you get towards a new amp. they have a deal goin on until the end of august that they take 15% off if you trade in and buy something with the money you get.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
take the amps and pedals to GC and trade em in, then use whatever you get towards a new amp. they have a deal goin on until the end of august that they take 15% off if you trade in and buy something with the money you get.

Ehh, don't take anything to GC. You'll get ripped big time, of course as cheap as you got some of that gear you may still come out on top, but you're better off selling on eBay or CL.
Cool stuff, HNED!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)