I have been thinking about getting a new bridge pickup for my Yamaha pacifica.
I have been looking at the Dimarzio Crunch lab as I am a massive Dream Theater fan and jp fan. I was just wondering if any one has played through one and also is it active or passive? There site doesn't seem to say maybe I'm just being blind but if any one could point out to me it would be very useful.

I know a lot of people are going to think this is silly putting a £85 pickup into a £200 guitar but why not have 3 good sounding guitars instead of 2 (in my opinion)

Also if there are any other pickups to look at apart from EMG i would be thankful

Thanks in advance
Gibson Explorer 76 Reissue Classic White

60th Anniversary Fender Telecaster 72 Custom

Yamaha Pacifica 112 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab bridge pup)

Laney LV200
First of all, Dimarzio never makes Active pickups.

Second of all, the crunch lab seems to sound great, I have yet to play thru one but I am getting an Ibanez RG1527 for my b-day with a crunch lab and liquifire set. Gonna be awesome:P
agreed that dimarzio never have made a active pup and if you read the installation pdf for the specified pup on the dimazio site you will se that there is no mention of a battery connection, therefore it`s safe to assume it`s not a active
Dimarzio are against active pickups so dont worry about a battery
You should look into Seymour Duncan Blackouts or Livewires if you want to look into active pickups
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Dimarzio are a passive only company. I find that their pickups are very odd sounding to my ears.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Metalfan41
Dimarzio are against active pickups so dont worry about a battery
You should look into Seymour Duncan Blackouts or Livewires if you want to look into active pickups

i love dimarzio then
Thanks for this info!!!! I've pretty much made my decision on the crunch lab now I'm not really a active pickup fan so this makes it even better!!!
Also i had no idea that dimarzio only made passive, you learn something new every day.
I wont be getting the crunch lab till October time as I will be getting it for my bday so now the long wait!!!
Gibson Explorer 76 Reissue Classic White

60th Anniversary Fender Telecaster 72 Custom

Yamaha Pacifica 112 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab bridge pup)

Laney LV200