Well years ago I bought a metal muff to get enough fuzz ( back in the my days of anger and philistine ears), now I have a nice hand-made analog tubescreamer but have a desire to use the fuzz as well to throw some dirt on top. I would like to be able to get a jazzy clean, overdriven blues with the tubescreamer on and an almost blasphemous fuzz sound with both distortions on, in the style of Zappa/Hendrix, you know with notes made out of the noise called fuzz ( I am trying the muff distortion knob all the way down though it is still pretty difficult to tame that with the overdrive and EQ). I plan on using a MXR 10-band EQ, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, and probably an ME-50 which may complicate things a bit. All this taught by a PRS SE ( semi-hollow) and heard by a Fender Deluxe Reissue. I was thinking of using the EQ first to fatten the calf (Guitar Tone) before the slaughter (Distortion).

Anyone got suggestions on pedal settings or positions?
Last edited by Hey Websta !!! at Aug 15, 2009,
Well from my understanding most people only do that with a real fuzz pedal. The metal mudd is more of a distortion pedal according to those around here.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The wah on the ME-50 isn't bad, I'd just use that.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Fender Deluxe. Hmmmmm....

There seems to be a lot of hate for the EHX Metal Muff, probably from kids expecting Metallic from their Frontman, and it's been a really long time since I used mine, but I recall stunning tones from a borrowed vintage tube combo (a Vox I think) and moderate settings on my Metal muff. The Metal Muff can put out a pretty hot signal by itself so I doubt it would work well with a Tubescreamer, or cheap SS, I'd think it'd work best by itself.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
Fender Deluxe. Hmmmmm....

There seems to be a lot of hate for the EHX Metal Muff, probably from kids expecting Metallic from their Frontman, and it's been a really long time since I used mine, but I recall stunning tones from a borrowed vintage tube combo (a Vox I think) and moderate settings on my Metal muff. The Metal Muff can put out a pretty hot signal by itself so I doubt it would work well with a Tubescreamer, or cheap SS, I'd think it'd work best by itself.

It's not a Frontman but a Fender Deluxe reverb a very nice 1 channel tube amp. Also, I'm not saying I don't like the pedal it is just that it is quite the wild child making it troublesome to blend with my other pedals without too much feedback or noise.
Trade it for a Big Muff Pi, dude.

It's a good pedal but it's not going to do what you want it to do. The Metal Muff is pretty crazy.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Hey Websta !!!
It's not a Frontman but a Fender Deluxe reverb a very nice 1 channel tube amp. Also, I'm not saying I don't like the pedal it is just that it is quite the wild child making it troublesome to blend with my other pedals without too much feedback or noise.

I agree your Fender Deluxe is a very nice amp.

I Was referring to guys who stick a Metal Muff in front of a crappy amp and then blame the Metal Muff for the crappy sound.