Hi, I'm a little confused about what some things are in this tab.

Here is the main one: when there's a note like this <>6
< means fade in; > means accentuded note
but I'm not sure what those mean and how I am supposed to play it to make it sound like how it's supposed to.

Also, a couple of more things. What is a |-n-| tuplet? And finally, what's the difference between a palm muted open string and a dead note?

Thanks, and sorry for the noobiness.
I think you are talking about the first notes that have a fade in effect. If you want to get it you can lower the guitar volume, hit the note and then slowly crank it. Playing with the volume control is a great way to modify the sound... for example Slash did it on Extranged to emulate Dolphins.
Last edited by Poglia at Aug 15, 2009,
Don't rely on tabs, ask yourself, "What is he doing in the song?" If you can't transcribe it, know that tabs always leave out many aspects of phrasing so listen to it and play it the way you hear it.
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Quote by Poglia
I think you are talking about the first notes that have a fade in effect. If you want to get it you can lower the guitar volume, hit the note and then slowly crank it. Playing with the volume control is a great way to modify the sound... for example Slash did it on Extranged to emulate Dolphins.

They are called volume swells. My .02 cents.