Hey guys.
This is my band's new song, it's a fairly generic metalcore song in terms of guitar at least (I'm enjoying lots of generic music at the moment )

Crit 4 crit as always, and any crits are much appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments:
ACW - A Song For Your Mum.zip
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
I like it a lot dude! I wish my band all used guitar pro so that we could put our full songs into GP. But at least I still have my own stuff haha. You should check out the song i just posted! it's untitled but i just wrote it earlier today.

i'd love to hear your band sometime though man. sounds like you've got yourselves an alright sound.
I'll give yours a listen! And thanks I'll post some music on here as soon as we've recorded, hopefully at the end of the month
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Friendly Stoat
I'll give yours a listen! And thanks I'll post some music on here as soon as we've recorded, hopefully at the end of the month

Sweet dude! If you want to actually hear what my band sounds like.. We haven't paid our recording guy yet haha. But he made us a sampler for our demo and it's up on our myspace. Just click the link in my sig.

Cheers!
It's pretty generic all the way through, some people may dislike that, others (including myself) wont.

The first riff was pretty cool; it works really well as an intro riff.

The next riff (bars 17-24) was pretty good. The only suggestion I can make here is the last bar in the riff, where the pedal tone is on the seventh fret (G), can be changed to a better note. I think an A# (10th fret) would be best, but you play with it.

I wasn't really digging the next riff starting at bar 25.

The next riff was good, but you need to fix the bass.

Bar 54 goes out of key. I don't know if you meant to do that; but in my opinion the D power chord would sound better as D-A#-D instead of D-A-D which is what you have right now.

When that lead comes in at 59 it sounds amazing except for that one chord.

The solos were pretty good, nothing to complain about here.

Overall, I think an 8/10.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181570
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Thanks for the crit, will definitely take those things into consideration and crit yours very soon!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
1-16 heavy and melodic, a good intro but may be a bit too generic.

17-24 good drumwork, but the guitar sounds too gerneric although it seems that you tried hard to change it.It's just hard to use this string skipping thing with the open e string in a new fashion

25-32 really heavy part, liked it a lot. great drums, maybe let the snare drum start at the end of bar 26 to make it smooth,

33-48 nice but generic, as i said above. dont use something like this too much. other that it was pretty cool

49-66 first few bars are pretty heavy, maybe use them more often but not in the smae spot. chord progression was okay, the melody later on was nice but you should put some cariation in there.

69-74 nice transition, change the drums as i mentioned above to make it even better.

109-116 rythm is good, you could put a drum or bass fill in there easily but i suppose you already got something in mind for the vocals there.

117-132 cool solo but it misses something special.

133-140 good idea and well executed, nothing wrong here, drums are quite good.

outro chorus: everythign okay, maybe vary the lead guitar melody a bit. If there are already lyrics for the song, you could use the last melody to show the listener how the song developed. For example if someone died there or a fight was los you could make the melody sadder or angrier if you know what I mean.

Overall a great song, really enjoyed it. Better solo and it will be 9.x/10

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183354
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻