im having a problem with my amp well not a problem just im wandering whether its s*** or not i bought it for 60 qwid its a large 50 watt marshall g50r cd and its all good apart from the palm muting....i hear bands and when they palm mute its ot a real like erm how do i put it like a growl to it its actually got a tone...like on the tab on here for number of the beast it says the hole intro to it iis palm muted it sounds kickass from iron maiden when i play it....its like a dull thud with a slight note....

it could be my guitar its a les paul stagg if that makes any diffrence thanks for any help....

and am i doing the palm muting right...sounds silly but you do put your hand over the strings and play the frets haha sorry...jus i dont kno whats going on trying every possability

and please no abuse i admit i dont kno much but at least im askin and im not preaching some bull s***

and yes my grammer is bad i dont care wen im not writing essays i type like this dont get on at me please

thanx!!!
Quote by doobled
it could be my guitar its a les paul stagg if that makes any diffrence thanks for
thanx!!!

There's your problem.
Hmm could be your guitar ,or just the tone you have on your amp ,palm muting always sounds good very distorted and a lot of gain will help ,im pretty sure your technique is fine ,just lightly rest your palm on the strings to get that chugging sound ,if all else fails try it on a different guitar if you can get a hold of one
Despite the inadequacies of a Stagg LP, the one thing that should sound okay on it is palm muting. So it sounds like it might be your technique. I play this style with the heel of my hand on the bridge (the corner that has no fingers or thumb) and kinda roll it forward to get different levels of muting.
Hey, maybe that's why I hate Strats!
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

turn your mids all the way down, this will give you a nice chugging sound.
I like metal

Gear (still working on it ) :

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
Quote by metal_shredder0
turn your mids all the way down, this will give you a nice chugging sound.

*Facepalm*
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
what?
I like metal

Gear (still working on it ) :

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
You might be pressing too hard with your picking hand. Vary with how much pressure you put on the strings. For The Number of the Beast, I barely put any pressure on the strings. I find it sounds best with your hand JUST resting on the strings.
Oh, also, make sure your hand is close to the bridge. If it is too far from the bridge (too close to the neck) it will dampen the strings and they won't be able to vibrate
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy