Getting a new guitar blah blah blah, was gonna get the DKMG but then saw this, They are quite simillar but this has SD passives and not actives, and an awesome looking maple fretboard.. I mainly play metal but i also play a fair amount of other stuff so should i get this or the DKMG? I can't make my mind up atm.. Cheers.
DKMG is a hard tail right? It matters if you want a floyd a not is the main difference besides the pickups and the fretboard, but I have the dk2m and i love it.
Its a matter of preference- the maple neck is hit or miss with people, so thats up to you- as for the pups, make sure the SDs are real seymour duncan pups and not duncan designed.

The duncan designed are alright, but the 81 and 85s are the best bet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
DKMG has a Jackson licensed floyd rose. The DKMGT is the one without a trem. The DK2M has Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz.

Just give it a try in a store if you can, some people like maple fretboards and others don't. If you mainly play harder stuff, I'd recommend the DKMG over the DK2M.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
ive played the dk2m before and it was nice. maple fretboards are right up my ally and id much rather have passive duncans over emgs. however, the floyd rose prevents me personally from owning one.
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
I'd say go for the DK2M. I played one and boy are they ****ing brilliant. I love the maple neck with black inlays. Plus the pickups are the best SDs and the LFR isn't that bad.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Dk2m all the way, I recently got a set of 81/85s and was thinking of putting them in it. my cousin and I were recording my guitar and his older dinky that has emgs in it back to back and they sounded so close that we were both amazed and i didnt touch it. its a great guitar. neck pickup sounds amazing bridge is crunchy neck feels awesome.
Jackson RR3 w/ EMG 81/85's
Jackson DK2M
Dean: Jcqmtge Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Special II

Line 6 Spider III 212 150w
Roland CUBE 30x
Line 6 Spider III 15w

BOSS MT-2
BOSS CH-1
BOSS BF-2
Cry Baby Classic
Digitech RP-80

I love it, have had one like a year now and it holds up just like after the first setup (right out of box) STILL!

About the LFR... It holds tune great, and has done so for the past year. Nothing wrong there.

I bought it without even trying it out (they didn't have it in the store, but I orderd it through them), and i fell in love with that guitar...
Gear:

Eastone ST-1
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Kustom Arrow 16
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The Box MA-120 MK-II
yeah man, i have two! if you ot into floyds you might not like it, hey worst case, you could block the trem.

I love them, the Seymour duncan are the real deal, I have JB's in the bridge of all my guitars and '59'sin the neck, but let me tell you, this jazz is just as nice sounding as the '59.

Awesome guitars. I rate these higher than RG's, but thats just my opinion. I was an Ibanez junky but I must say lately i have become a convert. The JT580 trem isnt as bad as people say either. If you like it, go for it
Quote by Richmanofaction
Its a matter of preference- the maple neck is hit or miss with people, so thats up to you- as for the pups, make sure the SDs are real seymour duncan pups and not duncan designed.

The duncan designed are alright, but the 81 and 85s are the best bet.

wtflol
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Aug 16, 2009,
I own a DK2M, I love it so much! I haven't tried the other, so I can't say anything bad about it. The DK2M is amazing for me! I got mine two weeks off of the assembly line, and I loved its feel. The Pups are high end and awesome. The LFR is very stable... But remember, its still most important that you try them both out on your own and decide for yourself, but I say you couldn't go wrong with the DK2M
I am a Stephenist
You can't really go wrong with any of the Japanese built Jacksons. Try them out and see which ones you like. I have a DK2M myself (got it about 10 months ago), and I love it. The LFR works fine and holds tuning perfectly, the pickups are really nice. I particularly like the articulation of the Jazz in the neck. The neck plays really nicely, and the entire ensemble is quite beautiful. I would consider getting another if I wasn't a student.
Quote by Gryphon999
wtflol

Basically- if there are Seymour Duncans in the Dinky- get those, but if it comes down to a choice of Duncan Designed vs. the EMGs, get the EMGs

Clear it up?
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL