I don't know if I'm the only one here, where when I go to a show, I expect the band playing to **** up a few times in their set, and in all be less than satisfactory live. But, I bought BTBAM's "Colors_Live" and i don't know if they always play that good live, but they were right up there with the CD, i was very very impressed. I expected a band like that to be very messy live, but that did not end up being the case at all.

I expected the same from Behemoth. I saw them at the Mayhem fest, and before they got on I was assuming they would do a half-ass job, but they were actually very tight and on beat, a good show.

Anyone here?

Also, I ask the opposite: Has anyone here gone to a show, expected the band to be amazing, and they ended up sounding like ****?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Guns 'N Roses. I went to the show expecting to come home early because Axl would stop the show. Surprisingly, they played their whole setlist.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Jonas Brothers

+1
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by insideac
Disturbed

dude i have to say i hate this band by CD, but i saw them live once and i was impressed.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I was the same way, i didnt expect Behemoth to do a great job but they were great.

Even though i dont really care for Black Dahlia Murder, they were better than expected live (I thought the guy in the gorilla suit in the beginning was pretty funny too )
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
britney spears.....oh wait
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
All That Remains is pretty good live. I got to chill with Phil before they went on stage when I saw them.

Also, Rush is still kicking it pretty damn well. Saw them twice, once in 05 and again in 06.
Limp Bizkit put on a surprisingly good show, seeing as they kinda, well, suck.

I wasn't impressed with Opeth when I saw them, they played awesome, but they didn't interact with the crowd at all, like not even introducing songs or anything. I was drunk out my face at the time which probably didn't help. I'm going to see them again, sober, and I'll see then for sure.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Offspring, I thought it was going to be sorta meh like Sum 41 was, but damn Offspring are now one of the best live bands i've seen.
Shinedown were disappointing the first time I saw them. Disturbed were really good. Black Stone Cherry were shockingly fantastic. Steve Vai was awesome too (he openly admits most of his CDs are made up of hundreds and thousands of little edits, how can you not think that he might not be able to play them live?!), Heaven and Hell were amazing too.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Satyricon

seriously, see them live. The albums suck goat ass but they're like an entirely different band live.

seriously

also, I've seen Dragonforce twice and will do it again "for the lulzs". I don't even care about Herman Li, its all about the faces Sam and the bassist make

Quote by jgbsmith
Limp Bizkit put on a surprisingly good show, seeing as they kinda, well, suck.

I wasn't impressed with Opeth when I saw them, they played awesome, but they didn't interact with the crowd at all, like not even introducing songs or anything. I was drunk out my face at the time which probably didn't help. I'm going to see them again, sober, and I'll see then for sure.

he kept telling David Coverdale jokes when I saw them
Rob Zombie. I didn't really care for him untill I saw him live with Ozzy. He blew me away. Naked chicks everywhere + pyro = amazing live show.

Quote by x_live4guitar_x
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Gotcha! Lol.

What was that supposed to mean?
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Aug 15, 2009,
BLOC PARTY!

Seriously, one hell of a live show. I did not stop jumping up and down the whole time. The venue was pretty small and the singer came all the way down to the seat next to me with his microphone. It was an old fashioned microphone with a cable so everyone in the crowd was helping him so it didn't get tangled.

Then a bunch of guys ran onstage and stared dancing. Instead of the bouncers kicking them off, the band allowed them to dance on stage with them and then gave them all hugs and high fives after the song.

It was the sickest thing ever.

Also Metallica after 20+ years still put on an AMAZING show.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Last edited by noodlegts at Aug 15, 2009,
I went to Music As A Weapon tour this past May and I gotta say, Disturbed and Killswitch Engage were pretty awesome. Also Bury Your Dead was pretty good. Haha the singer made the crowd give each other hugs and high fives.
3DG was terrible all there times i saw them...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I agree on Behemoth. I wasn't very much into them, but then I went to Mayhem fest and saw them live and they stood out the most for me. Now I'm a huge fan of their old and new stuff.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
My Chemical Romance. I wasn't expecting anything more than the stuff on the albums (which I like), but it was better by the dozen live.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Black Tide, when I saw them with Escape the Fate, were killer.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by butterfingers30
I went to Music As A Weapon tour this past May and I gotta say, Disturbed and Killswitch Engage were pretty awesome. Also Bury Your Dead was pretty good. Haha the singer made the crowd give each other hugs and high fives.

KsE are incredible live

Breaking Benjamin are actually really, really entertaining.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Well, this isn't surprising, but Paul McCartney is still amazing. I saw him on the 5th at Fenway Park and it was the best show I've ever seen.

That being said, MGMT, his opening act, who I'm not very fond of to begin with, absolutely suck live.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
Killswitch Engage. I saw them last week and I was like "Yeah, they're pretty good" before I saw them, and then after their set I was like "HOLY ****! That was awesome!"
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.