I found this EQ that my dad was throwing away. It's a ten band stereo equalizer from a brand called Realistic. I have some pictures. Is there any way to turn this into a fully functional 10 band eq pedal with true bypass and led? I only need half of the eq, because it has 2 ten bands. Like one for left and one for right I guess?? I can take some more pics if necessary. If it's not worth the trouble, I guess I can just scrap it for electronics. It has like a million resistors in there.

Front:

Guts:

That's all for pics. Thanks.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
It's very worth it if you want a project - especially if you've built a kit pedal before and you want to learn more.

If you just want an EQ pedal, it's not worth your time.
Meh. I don't need or use an EQ pedal. I just saw this going in the trash and thought that it could be possible to turn it into a pedal without too much work. It's trash anyways, so if I mess up, no biggie. I'm just bored at home haha.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The board isnt gonna fit in a pedal enclosure most stomp boxes would go in. You could use it as a rack unit.
Quote by Tackleberry
The board isnt gonna fit in a pedal enclosure most stomp boxes would go in. You could use it as a rack unit.

Or he could make a pedal enclosure.
Don't scrap it, man. Realistic is pretty good stuff. Particularly in the 70s. They mostly made (and still make) CB radios and accesories (a/b/y boxes, antenna matchers, freq counters, etc).

You could be able to simply slap some jacks on the ins and outs and have 2 EQs in one box.

Or if you don't want it, i call dibs.
Quote by Invader Jim
Don't scrap it, man. Realistic is pretty good stuff. Particularly in the 70s. They mostly made (and still make) CB radios and accesories (a/b/y boxes, antenna matchers, freq counters, etc).

You could be able to simply slap some jacks on the ins and outs and have 2 EQs in one box.

Or if you don't want it, i call dibs.

Oh it's good stuff? I never even tried it because I have no cables for it. Well, I guess it's good luck that I took it out then. My dad threw out a bunch of stuff, but I just kept this because it looked usable.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
An EQ is one of those things that you don't realise you need until you use it. If you can salvage one out of that, then you're on for a winner. As stated, Realistic made some pretty good stuff (my dad was a DJ so he taught me about all this jazz) so it's worth messing with.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i'm sure it could be turned into a pedal with a few changes done to it (i'm guessing it's not meant to process guitar but rather line level signals which are "hotter" than guitar signals), BUT i dont think it'd be worth the time or effort to do so. plus i dont know how easy it'd be to find a schematic to an old radioshack eq.

also i doubt it'd be worth it to remove the resistors from it since resistors are pretty cheap as is. all the other parts i'd take out though like the ic's and transistors, etc...