Getting just a buzz from my Ashdown EVOII 300. Only had it for about a month now

Working fine for the gig and practise i used it in... untill all sound died and was replaced by the buzzing. Tried a different cable, power supply, cab even tried a different head with the same cab. Cab and different head worked... Ashdown still doesn't.

If anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated...
hi, is it a VERY loud sort of buzzing sound? even with gain and output on zero? If so i had the same thing happen with my ashdown EB-180 head recently. Turns out it's a power supply issue, if it's still on warranty i'd contact the place you bought it from or ashdown, if not take it to an amp repairman. They quoted me £80 to fix mine, so it's still broken and i bought an ABM 300 instead.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, though unlike my old amp, it's probably worth paying to get fixed on an ABM.
Quote by budget bassist
hi, is it a VERY loud sort of buzzing sound? even with gain and output on zero? If so i had the same thing happen with my ashdown EB-180 head recently. Turns out it's a power supply issue, if it's still on warranty i'd contact the place you bought it from or ashdown, if not take it to an amp repairman. They quoted me £80 to fix mine, so it's still broken and i bought an ABM 300 instead.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, though unlike my old amp, it's probably worth paying to get fixed on an ABM.

It's very loud, as soon as i turn the power on... it's second hand though O_o but the guy i bought it off is on a "buisness trip" and hasn't been to his shop in the last 2 weeks, trying to take it back to him to sort out... or get my money back
yep, sounds like what happened to me. Wow, you're based in nottingham too, take it to the music inn on alfreton road, they'll set you right. Where did you actually buy it from? was it that second hand shop opposite sound check? if you can, try and return it. If not, as i say, music inn, they'll charge about £80.
Quote by budget bassist
yep, sounds like what happened to me. Wow, you're based in nottingham too, take it to the music inn on alfreton road, they'll set you right. Where did you actually buy it from? was it that second hand shop opposite sound check? if you can, try and return it. If not, as i say, music inn, they'll charge about £80.

Yep ^^ the old sandwich shop on Hockley, sort of what i get for buying a 2nd stack for £450

Might take it to Hot Rox to get it repaired if i cant sort it out
Last edited by barronobeefdip at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by budget bassist
lol, take it back if you can... they're good sounding when they work though aren't they?

Yeah, mixed with the Ashdown Lomenzo pedal the sound almost blew me away it was that awesome
haha, i'm not a fan of the lomenzo pedal much, the valve drive on the head is enough for me, i just like a slightly gritty sound, i find full on distortion all the time to be just too much. Valve drive on 1 o clock position though, just right