Its been a long time since I've last been on here due to 85% of my gear being stolen. Insurance isn't going to cover it because i make money playing music. This seemed like a good excuse to get some nicer pedals and rebuild my pedalboard and was leaning towards starting with a flanger or chorus. So what are some good flangers or choruses that dont kill tone? Any price is fine as long as it isn't above $200. My current band is sort of a combo of Tool and Porcupine Tree. And i guess while am at it recommend any other effects you think would fit well into this kind of music, like fuzzes and etc.

tl;dr- My gear was stolen need to rebuild pedalboard. What are some good pedals under $200 that fit well into a progressive band. Any effects are fine.
Well, currently my band is a hard rock band, with prog tendencies. In my main pedal board I'm using this set up:

Dunlop Bass Crybaby
Ashdown LoMenzo Hyperdrive
Blackstar HT-DistX (I've put this in there instead of my Big Muff ready for trying it out next practice)
Aria Flanger Pedal
Digitech Synth Wah

As much as I like my Aria flanger, with your money, you can no doubt get something better, I think that Justin from Tool uses a Boss flanger in his set up. With fuzzes, the easiest way to figure out what you want is to have a look on the website www.bassfuzz.com there are loads of demos/reviews on there for fuzzes, aswell as some grit & filter reviews.
well a good chorus is the Digitech Bass Chorus and for Flanger the Boss Bf3 is also cool and both are very cheap, to add some growl to your tone you could check the sansamp VT bass
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Micro Synth (splurging a little here)
Used Boss BF-2B or a MXR Flanger
ElectroniX MessDrive or an EBS Valvedrive (maybe too expensive)
EBS WahOne

This is what im thinking at the moment
For a flanger I would recomend the EHX stereo electic mistress, and it also is a chorus so knocks out two birds with one stone, but definitly go for the micro synth, its still my favorite pedal Ive ever played on.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
I'll have to check out the electric mistress, but being a guitar pedal will it kill my low end?

And I found an ElectroniX pedal at my local shop, i bought it so i wouldn't miss out if i decided not to get the EBS. I figured I would be able to sell it pretty quick if i didn't want to keep it too.
Last edited by Fly-By-Night at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by Fly-By-Night
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Micro Synth
(splurging a little here)
Used Boss BF-2B or a MXR Flanger
ElectroniX MessDrive or an EBS Valvedrive (maybe too expensive)
EBS WahOne

This is what im thinking at the moment

Im GASing for both of those at the moment. Particularly the bass synth. Hopefully i will be paypalling a guy next week to ship one over to me. Really cant wait
Quote by Fly-By-Night
I'll have to check out the electric mistress, but being a guitar pedal will it kill my low end?

no for the most part modulation pedals are universal, ie: chorus, phase, flange, delay
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals