Im in a dilemma my bday is commin up soon i need help in deciding weather i should get a new amp or a new guitar.

Amp

I have a cube 60, its been great but like since i bought it i have advanced in my playing, i have had it for three years and its done me good but im thinking i want to venture into tube amps.

I play mainly metal like trivium, bullet, KSE, mastodon n hard rock like seether, fightstar

At this moment i dont gig but i am looking to form a band soon and hopefully start giging, nothing big, small clubs pubs.

my budget is around 200 - 250 pounds

The two avenues i am looking down is to get a lo gain small amp (Blackheart little giant, Peavey classic 30) And add an overdrive to it to get my metal, therefore allowing me to have a 1 channel amp for cleans (which i also desire) and a pedal/ EQ for my metal.

Ore just get a hi gain amp and be done with it,

Guitar

For the last 4 years i have been playing with ma rockers (denmark street shop) les paul copy, and although its a great guitar i want to move up market. If i had to get a new guitar it would have to be the schecter c1 classic or the 006. again budget is around 200-250

The amp i can settled for used but the guitar would have to be new
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
new guitar your amp is more than what you need and it can do small gigs just remember to mike it
Ampwise I'd say try and get hold of a used Peavey Valveking 112, they're only about £280 new anyway and throw in an overdrive. It's got more than enough wattage for live use and sounds decent at bedroom levels too. It'll have a lot more impact on your tone than a new guitar will, and the Roland doesn't sound great when cranked. Even mic'ed it's not very good imo.
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Aug 15, 2009,
I heard the valve king's speaker isnt all that as in it cant handle the low end
]

Quote by hminh87

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
You'll have a fair bit of spare cash if you get one used, so you can always swap out the speaker. V30s are on the best side of £60. My band's other guitarist runs a valveking and we have a really heavy tone, it seems to hold up just fine
ohai little sig.
Used amps are a godsend... i got my Crate Blue Voodoo halfstack for 350 USD... defenitly look around sites like craigslist and at music stores

you can find a great amp for a great price
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
anyone with any experience with the lo gain+ OD pedal option
]

Quote by hminh87

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
that wont work for metal, not with the blackheart. You would have to get something higher gain if you want metal.

OR Get a low gain amp w. a distortion pedal or multifx unit
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
If so any other amp recomendations
]

Quote by hminh87

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Sorry for the double post, but any good distortion pedals that will work well with the blackheart
]

Quote by hminh87

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Bump!
]

Quote by hminh87

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Last edited by dingo356 at Aug 16, 2009,
Bump
]

Quote by hminh87

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
i personally like the compressed distortion of the metal muff, but its all preference you gotta try, or just check out youtube search for some videos on the ts9/808, metal muff, etc etc etc
~Defiant~