Page 1 of 4
I know there's threads like the "Things that make you go hmm" thread but I mean solely paradoxes, what ever they are, explain them if you can

I know the obvious one is the Killing your grandfather one, but you'd never go back in time if you were dead, but if you didn't go back in time, you wouldn't kill your grandfather, and so on.
let's hear some Pit
the below is false
the above is true
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
There are two erors in this sentence.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
I always liked the one regarding omnipotence. Can a deity (take God as an example) create a rock too heavy to lift?

God can either create a rock that he cannot lift, or he can not.
If he can create a rock that he can't lift, he is not omnipotent, as he cannot lift the rock.
If he cannot create a rock that he can't lift, he is not omnipotent, as he cannot create the rock.
Hence, God is not omnipotent.

It's a little like 'What would happen if an unstoppable force met an immovable object?'

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Who was telephone?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
paradoxes make my eyes go round and around and around and around and around and around and around :
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I don't think you people quite grasp the profoundly brainteasing idea of "who was fone". Shame, I was looking forward to some intellectual debate.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I know a good one:

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Norma Lee.
Norma Lee who?
Norma Lee I have my key.
Bruce Banner (The Hulk) hating the color green. Or getting mad because he ripped his shirt, shoes, etc.
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Shrodinger's Cat. If you put a cat inside a sealed box with a container of lethal poison that is released at a random time, since you can't know if the poison has been released since the box is sealed, the cat could be alive or dead, but you can't says it's alive for sure and you can't say it's dead for sure. if you can't say it's alive or dead, then what is it?
Last edited by stickfigurekill at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by Kensai
I don't think you people quite grasp the profoundly brainteasing idea of "who was fone". Shame, I was looking forward to some intellectual debate.

I never actually heard or read the entire "who was fone" thing, I've only seen it referenced in "Make your own FUUUUUU-" and that "Edit this picture with the man with a mustache" thread.
no that just means that PETAs gonna crucify you

or boycott maple syrup

directed at shrodingers cat man
Last edited by RockIsHowIRoll at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by stickfigurekill
Shrodinger's Cat. If you put a cat inside a sealed box with a container of lethal poison that is released at a random time, since you can't know if the poison has been released since the box is sealed, the cat could be alive or dead, but you can't says it's alive for sure and you can't say it's dead for sure. if you can't say it's alive or dead, then what is it?

It's ether alive or dead, regardless if anybody knows or not.
Quote by Kensai
Who was telephone?

Obviously, the answer is Jesus.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by Gsaws

I remember that thread.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by Born_to_shred
Obviously, the answer is Jesus.

Close, the answer is "Mary"

Babby is fromed by God, and babby is Jesus. Phone = Mary
Quote by FileDeleted

The buttery side would have to be attached to the cat's feet
Quote by tayroar
The buttery side would have to be attached to the cat's feet

Or the non-butter side on the cat's back.
a famous one
if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound
Quote by Kensai
Who was telephone?

Ive put some thought into that and decided that her mom was a heavy smoker and therefore had a gritty deep voice. How is that not obvious to you...

and to contribure

If a tree falls and noone is around, does it make noise...

If you say yes, how do you know, you werent there

If you say no you submit that you are the only one who knows whether or not it made sound, were there not deer and other animals to hear the tree

and if sound is completely gone unless you are there, so must the other senses. This would mean the tree does not smell, have a taste, cannot be touched or seen. This would have to mean that there is no tre, as you have not interacted with it.

so next time someone asks you if a tree falls, does it make a sound, you may simply reply "What tree? There is no tree!"

hope you are confused
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
My scrotum is a paradox, because my left teste can be moved and relocated to become my right and so forth....it's like Andy Warhole sayin' what is black is white etc etc etc , perception is what we believe we see, delusion is what most of us see
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by stickfigurekill

well over a period of time if the gas was not released the cat would of died anyway through the lack of oxygen in the box
Quote by Aerokizzombie
Ive put some thought into that and decided that her mom was a heavy smoker and therefore had a gritty deep voice. How is that not obvious to you...

Or it could be a prank call...from Jesus...

Quote by Aerokizzombie

hope you are confused

Hardly.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by javax6
Kensai please educate us

kensai can not save you now, HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, choke choke
Quote by Aerokizzombie

If a tree falls and noone is around, does it make noise...

if a woman speaks and no one is around, is she still wrong???
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
Quote by spanish lovin
if a woman speaks and no one is around, is she still wrong???

If Nickleback is playing and no one is around, do they still suck?
all of life is a paradox. there is no beginning or no end, just a giant paradox.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by metaladdict123
a famous one
if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound

No it would make vibrations but no sound because sound is perception of vibrations.
Page 1 of 4