Hi, i know a guy who is selling this Fender american stratocaster for 600$. Ill probably try to bargin it down to 500$. I wanted to save money for my 5150 but when i saw it....damn. Should i but it? Would you guys give it a shot? Looks good to me but just wanted to know some opinion.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Is that a floyd?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Yup, orignial floyd rose and some EMG pickups.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Aug 15, 2009,
what kind of pickups are those?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
So its a customized American Fender Strat for $600. I dont know how much it would fetch for, but you CAN go used for the 5150, or even buy the 1x12 version this october for MSRP of 700 instead of saving $1200 for a new 6505 (if that was the plan).
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Well i would get a used 5150 head and well...i already have a cab so...maybe ill take this strat since i really want at least one guitar with EMGs and a tremolo. Plus, its a white with maple neck strat just like i wanted. Guess ill save up a couple of months more for my 5150 and thats all.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Nice looking guitar, except the black EMGs are really bothering me. I would almost buy it, then sell the black EMGs in favor of some white ones...

But a guitar like that for ~$500 sounds like a good deal to me.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
dude....you are right! I should sell these EMGs and but white ones! Awesome idea man!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
I'd take it, I mean thats sweet a Strat with EMGs and a Floyd.
Quote by AmericanParadox
dude....you are right! I should sell these EMGs and but white ones! Awesome idea man!

Glad you think so. I just think it would look so much cleaner and classier. The black is out of place..
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Or get black control knobs.
Or a black pickguard.
Or black control knobs and a black pickguard.
There's a lot of ways you could make that awesome...
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
yeah...im still thinking about it.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Get it you won't really find a great Fender American Strat at that price especially with an original floyd rose. You can always save up for the new amp head later. What I would do if I had that is switch the pickups to white super distortion and two texas specials but that's just me. Also if it comes with the case that's good if it doesn't buy a Fender Molded case really worth it.
Quote by ColinMc
Get it you won't really find a great Fender American Strat at that price especially with an original floyd rose. You can always save up for the new amp head later. What I would do if I had that is switch the pickups to white super distortion and two texas specials but that's just me. Also if it comes with the case that's good if it doesn't buy a Fender Molded case really worth it.

Dude....i guess you are right. Ill probably take it and buy a korg dtr-2000 THEN ill save up till Christmas and i wont spend any more money
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
Dude....i guess you are right. Ill probably take it and buy a korg dtr-2000 THEN ill save up till Christmas and i wont spend any more money

Trust me I just bought a Fender American Standard Strat for $1500 and I'm happy even playing through a crappy amp. The reason I bought the guitar first was because the amp stuff I was going to find used of what I want and playing my strat I can play better easier to gallop, palm mute.

On my Washburn I had hard time cause the bridge was so close by the pickups and felt awkward. Also your getting a deal and original floyd enjoy dive bombs lol. Also if you don't know how to change strings on a floyd learn and same with tuning as well because it's not the same as an ordinary bridge.
Quote by ColinMc
Trust me I just bought a Fender American Standard Strat for $1500 and I'm happy even playing through a crappy amp. The reason I bought the guitar first was because the amp stuff I was going to find used of what I want and playing my strat I can play better easier to gallop, palm mute.

On my Washburn I had hard time cause the bridge was so close by the pickups and felt awkward. Also your getting a deal and original floyd enjoy dive bombs lol. Also if you don't know how to change strings on a floyd learn and same with tuning as well because it's not the same as an ordinary bridge.

Yeah but i already have a good guitar but i wanted one with a white start with a floyd rose so its more like a "luxe".

But i would play it for sure!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
Yeah but i already have a good guitar but i wanted one with a white start with a floyd rose so its more like a "luxe".

But i would play it for sure!

ok well I would still go for it especially at that price.
yeah im waiting for more pictures to see if i'll take it.

This and the DTR-2000 and i swear i'll stop spending and save up till Christmas...

To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Bump, just to see others opinion about this.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET