Since the Passing of Les. Knowing Gibson, I'm positive there will be a special Les paul Les Paul in the near future. so I though it be fun to have people create there rendition of this guitar.

For you lazy bastards try to use that, if not i'll get another or find one yourself.

Edit: it be more of a special edition LP. my vote is to bring back the LP SG.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 15, 2009,
Would it not be the LP original, thats already mfg.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
i can't be bothered, but, i would have drawn a penis with strings on it.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by Sinister Waffle
so I though it be fun to have people create there rendition of this guitar.

my mind stopped working
The Les Paul is a horrible guitar. I would like to design my own SG.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think they should write his name on the headstock, that would be a really great idea.
Quote by darkstar2466
The Les Paul is a horrible guitar. I would like to design my own SG.

I like the LP's tone alright I just hate the fact that it weighs a billions pounds.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I don't have Photoshop anymore, I don't have the space on my HDD to have it on there, and I'd rather not pirate it, which would be my only option, given my lack of funds.

If I did make one, though, it would have low-impedance pickups in it.
Quote by Gramble
I think they should write his name on the headstock, that would be a really great idea.

that would be awesome

Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by tayroar
I like the LP's tone alright I just hate the fact that it weighs a billions pounds.

It's like they put a 100 lb lead weight in there.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by spanish lovin

YOU WIN!
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
*recording les paul*

thats all i'd use it for. it looks terrible
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by Gramble

I just spilt hot chocolate on my keyboard from laughing so much

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
wasn't the original LP actually shaped like an SG?
Or was it the other way around?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Edit; ^Neither. Original SG was called a Les Paul since the Les Paul was being discontinued due to dwindling sales compared to the stratocaster in 1960. It was replaced with the SG, which was branded as the new Les Paul, but Paul didn't like it so it became the Solid Guitar or SG, and a few years later due to the British Invasion renewing interest in the Les Paul it was reissued.

Quote by skwelcher
thats all i'd use it for. it looks terrible

Personally it's the third sexiest Les Paul I've seen, after it a 59' burst, and a 1957 Goldtop. But to each his own I suppose. regardless though, that's the kind Paul played from it's release to the day he died, so that's what it'll be I'd say.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193

Actually, it would be pretty ****ing awesome if they reissued that guitar as tribute to Les. Knowing current Gibson, though, they would jack-up the price like crazy for the on-board effects and the pure fact that it's a reissue of the LP recording/tribute aspect.
Quote by tayroar

Gosh, Everyone fricking says that..

Why are there so many wussy guitarists?

Les Paul's AREN'T that heavy.

Yes, Custom (Black Beauties) are heavy..

But standards/chambered body Les Pauls are fine.

Stop complaining and be a man. Play a Les Paul.

If you really wanna be a man, you'll play a fat neck too. The majority play fast on thin necks, WELL duh, they are thin necks made for speed. That's like swimming fast with flippers on. ANYONE CAN DO IT.

[jerk off rant over]

Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
RIP les
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
Quote by necrosis1193

That's the Recording. If they're going to reissue one of the low-impedance ones, it should be the Personal, since that's the one based on one of his guitars. Unless the Recording is, too, and I guess that could be true, since the Recording and the Personal look pretty similar.

Either way, the tribute model better have low-impedance pickups, or Les Paul's ghost will come strangle Henry Juszkiewicz in his...Actually, come to think of it, go ahead and put plain old Burstbuckers in it, Gibson.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Aug 15, 2009,
If Gibson does any form of tribute to Les, it should be this:

1952 Les Paul Standard Goldtop. It was the first of it's kind to be sold by Gibson. It is in the color that Les preferred. This is what should be reissued.
Last edited by Seref at Aug 15, 2009,
I could go for a creme white one like Randy with the specs of Buckethead.

/GAS of a lifetime
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by Seref
If Gibson does any form of tribute to Les, it should be this:

1952 Les Paul Standard Goldtop. It was the first of it's kind to be sold by Gibson. It is in the color that Les preferred. This is what should be reissued.

They've already reissued it before (although over a decade ago), and the fact that the bridge can't be intonated is a serious drawback. I'd much rather see something similar to one of his own ultra-customized LP Customs.